Mirror stalks on YBR125

BigSims
This post is 5359 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

My first post on these forums. :)

I recently bought a YBR 125 to ride while I'm on L-plates and hopefully to get me through the A2 test this summer! B)

Enjoy riding the bike but the only issue I have is that with me being a wide git, I find it hard to position the mirrors in any way that'll give me a view of the road behind me. I tend to end up looking at the inside of my elbows. :P

Has anyone managed to put different mirrors or mirror stalks (is that what they're called) onto a YBR? Any advice on how to go about doing this? It is my first bike and I've never tried doing any mods to it!

Cheers,

Simon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

Interestingly i am in a very similar situation to you! Riding the YBR on L plates until i get round to the test this summer. I have done a fair bit of research into mods for the YBR but haven't come across any longer mirrors! I suffer the same problem and am not all that wide so it must just be a design fault on them. Fitment doesn't look that rare, i believe its a 10mm standard thread so a quick search of aftermarket mirrors may find some more suitable for you!

Have fun biking (hopefully with good rear vision!)

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how to tighten the storks?My right mirror has become very very loose and just flaps about in the wind. I haev tried tightening it with a ractchet but due to the way it is bolted in the bolt just turns and turns. Any ideas?It´s very annoying. :angry:

Does anyone know how to tighten the storks?My right mirror has become very very loose and just flaps about in the wind. I haev tried tightening it with a ractchet but due to the way it is bolted in the bolt just turns and turns. Any ideas?It´s very annoying. :angry:

I'll check mine tonight and let you know if the bolt behaves the same.

I thought I read or heard that they are reverse-threaded but I might be thinking of something else! Have you checked this?

I'll check mine tonight and let you know if the bolt behaves the same.

I thought I read or heard that they are reverse-threaded but I might be thinking of something else! Have you checked this?

one is reverse threaded. i believe that is what kept them from loosening due to wind. as you sit, left mirror would be ccw. right mirror would be cw. to tighten.

my left mirror had a similar problem. i snugged is far as i dared and then tightened the retaining nut against the mount base. my threads were not completely stripped.

if your inner threads are stripped, and the mirror stalk threads are ok, lubricate the threads on the stalk with wd40 and apply a generous amount of jb-weld then shove it back in the hole. you may have to come up with a creative way to hold it in place until it dries, or hold still with it for abot 20 minutes or less. but the end result should hold the mirror in place. you may even be able to unscrew it if you bore out the hole that the mirror goes into a little first.

Thanks for the replies guys. It is the right mirror(if you are sitting on the bike) so if it is CW it´s not working, I might try CCW and see if that works. I´m a bit simple when it comes to all this so thanks little dave, but you lost me after "snugged" :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online