Candy Orange Paint Code

BMac
This post is 5285 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am restoring my 1972 XS2 650cc but need the correct paint code for the Cany Orange colour. Can someone help.?

In 1972 there was a candy orange colour called Mandarin Orange in use on models such as the YAS3 (only sold in Europe) and YR5. The Yamaha code was 71.

Only earlier Yamahas (YCS1 for example) the colours were actually called Candy tone red (22) and Candy tone blue (44) as they were basically the first candy colours (ie transparent colour coat over silver base). A later candy orange used on the YCS2E 1969 was called Californian Orange (65) for example, so it is unlikely that in 1972 it would be called Candy Orange officially. I suspect yours is Mandarin Orange.

• 2 months later...

If your restoring a XS2 the color is not candy orange. That was the color used on the XS1B (1971). The xs2 should be brilliant red. What color was teh bike originaly? If it was candy orange maybe you have a '71...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online