Servicing

surrey chad
This post is 5458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

My YZF 600 Thundercat is due its annual service 22k, this will be the first time I will take a bike for an MOT and service so does anyone know what I should be looking to pay? Getting estimates from £200 plus vat through to £350 plus parts and VAT

Ta

Surrey

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mine is in at the moment and will be picked up tomorrow afternoon, l did the oil and filter myself as l resprayed the fairing, but the garage is doing the rest of the service, carb balance and sparks and all the other checks, plus a new rear disc and new pads all round, and a new mot. I am paying £250 all in, mines a R plate with 37k on the clock.

Tinman

Hi All,

My YZF 600 Thundercat is due its annual service 22k, this will be the first time I will take a bike for an MOT and service so does anyone know what I should be looking to pay? Getting estimates from £200 plus vat through to £350 plus parts and VAT

Ta

Surrey

hi, i have been servicing yamahas for 16 yrs in various dealers, i work from home at weekends, if your interested i can service your bike then get it mot ed for you?, a general service will be roughly 100 pounds plus parts. this doesnt include valve clearances though, to check those it wil be an extra50/60 pounds, general service includes oil and filter change, spark plug change, clean air filter , replace brake fluids, replace coolant,grease and lubricate all brake pins and pivots. clean adjust and lube chain, if you want anything outside of this please feel free to contact me,, jim ,,

hi, i have been servicing yamahas for 16 yrs in various dealers, i work from home at weekends, if your interested i can service your bike then get it mot ed for you?, a general service will be roughly 100 pounds plus parts. this doesnt include valve clearances though, to check those it wil be an extra50/60 pounds, general service includes oil and filter change, spark plug change, clean air filter , replace brake fluids, replace coolant,grease and lubricate all brake pins and pivots. clean adjust and lube chain, if you want anything outside of this please feel free to contact me,, jim ,,

sounds good, can you stamp the service book though? I want to sell the bike once it has been done. I have found a fireblade I want to get. Big step up I know but what the hell you only live once!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online