DT175 Electrics

This post is 5455 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys, new to the forum and *classic Yam\'s! Only got it a couple weeks ago but I love my bike.

Its a 1981 DT 175MX and theres a problem with the electics, nothing works, neutral light, lights, brake light, indicators everything. I\'ve checked all the connections and for water but its still not working, the bike will start and run though. Just wondered if anyone knew of a particually vulnerable area, also is there a fuse box on the bike? Surely there must be fueses somewhere?

Many Thanks, Alex.

1000625a.jpg

* Well we have has this for about 22 years now, YT 60, uber rare! :)

1000631.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello guys, new to the forum and classic Yam's! Only got it a couple weeks ago but I love my bike.

Its a 1981 DT 175MX and theres a problem with the electics, nothing works. I've checked all the connections and for water but its still not working, the bike will start and run though. Just wondered if anyone knew of a particually vulnerable area, also is there a fuse box on the bike? Surely there must be fueses somewhere?

Many Thanks, Alex.

1000625.th.jpg

Welcome to the forum Alex, thats a nice looking bike youve got there, As for the electrics , the engine will run with or without battery as its a magneto ignition system, the main headlamp will also work because that is also from the magneto, the rest of the electrics, tail lights, indicators, instrument lights, and headlamp pilot light are all from the battery. there is just one fuse in a clear plastic holder, I think it is behind the left side panel...cant remember

Hi Alex,

V nice. A little better than my one.

As well as the experts here I am using this as a reference. It does not seem 100% but better than nothing.

USA Yamaha link

bike.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online