unfortunate American person

Rich_B
This post is 5411 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Apologies accepted.Let's move on.I enjoy this site and would like to see an end to anyone disparaging another Nationality because of someone doing something stupid.I also apologize for calling Rich B what I called him. So sorry.

aww friends again! :bighug:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Rich,

I'm sure you are not typical of our many friends across the ocean. Anyone that thinks that someone who pulls a stunt like that is typical of an entire nation of many responsible motorcyclists

Hi Belvoir,

I would the person in the clip was not a motorcycle rider (if he was he was well drunk). I would concure that riders from whatever country they originate from to a degree will ride safe and perhaps the 'typical yank' comment was some what out of order becuase as you state(ish) this is not typical of riders your side of the pond So perhaps look on youtube & find a 'typical Brit' video ... I'm sure there will be loads !!

Regards Jim

Hi Belvoir,

I would the person in the clip was not a motorcycle rider (if he was he was well drunk). I would concure that riders from whatever country they originate from to a degree will ride safe and perhaps the 'typical yank' comment was some what out of order becuase as you state(ish) this is not typical of riders your side of the pond So perhaps look on youtube & find a 'typical Brit' video ... I'm sure there will be loads !!

Regards Jim

Most of the time I don't care to watch stupid stunts gone wrong. I leave the stunts to the guys that get paid for it. I'm 52 and don't heal as good as I used to and those days of messing around are long gone for me. I don't like getting hurt nor do I think it's funny seeing others getting hurt. Beyond that I certainly hate to see someone destroy a costly motorcycle. B)

Most of the time I don't care to watch stupid stunts gone wrong. I leave the stunts to the guys that get paid for it. I'm 52 and don't heal as good as I used to and those days of messing around are long gone for me. I don't like getting hurt nor do I think it's funny seeing others getting hurt. Beyond that I certainly hate to see someone destroy a costly motorcycle. B)

Ditto same here, I took bout 30 yrs of riding to figure it out though. What part of IA you in?

Ditto same here, I took bout 30 yrs of riding to figure it out though. What part of IA you in?

Davenport,right on the Mississipi,and you?I suspect not terribly far away? B)

Davenport,right on the Mississipi,and you?I suspect not terribly far away? B)

right down on the IA MO Ill borders, hour and half south of ya, my sis teaches up there in Rock Island. The OL has relation in bluegrass too.

Well if it was his ..... what can you say but if he was a paid actor what a waste !

Regards Jim

Well if it was his ..... what can you say but if he was a paid actor what a waste !

Regards Jim

I'd bet he was just some Numbnut showing off beyond his capabilities.It was kind of funny,I just didn't care too much for someone trying to say that it was typical of my countrymen when I know that to be incorrect.It was mildly amusing to watch,but I hate to see someone wreck a motorcycle that I can't afford to buy and would love to have.That's what I meant by "Waste". Anyway,let's not talk about who said what about whom,as I'm not wanting to stir it up again.

right down on the IA MO Ill borders, hour and half south of ya, my sis teaches up there in Rock Island. The OL has relation in bluegrass too.

The tristate area! You should come up to Davenport Labor Day weekend for the Antique Motorcycle Meet.It's said that it is the biggest one in the country.Let me know if you want more details. B)

The tristate area! You should come up to Davenport Labor Day weekend for the Antique Motorcycle Meet.It's said that it is the biggest one in the country.Let me know if you want more details. B)

is that near Coventry ? :lol:

Regards Jim

is that near Coventry ? :lol:

Regards Jim

Um Jim,

Isn't Coventry in the UK? We are talking the US here.You're invited to come here if you want,it could be expensive though.

No Coventry that I know of around here. Sorry. :mellow::unsure::blink:

Um Jim,

Isn't Coventry in the UK? We are talking the US here.You're invited to come here if you want,it could be expensive though.

No Coventry that I know of around here. Sorry. :mellow::unsure::blink:

Hi Belvoir,

I was having a joke :lol: my geography is not that bad !!!

Regards Jim

Hi Belvoir,

I was having a joke :lol: my geography is not that bad !!!

Regards Jim

I know,I was funnin' you back.I saw the smiley face.However I do meet people from all over the world here in my city on Labor Day every year.We watch the races,learn about antique motorcycles and get drunk.It's great fun for everyone.

:lol::D:lol::D

you got a web site for the event? Im not a crowd person but I make exceptions for bikes. At least I know my way around the qc area.

you got a web site for the event? Im not a crowd person but I make exceptions for bikes. At least I know my way around the qc area.

Yup! That would be Chiefblackhawk.org :D

I know,I was funnin' you back.I saw the smiley face.However I do meet people from all over the world here in my city on Labor Day every year.We watch the races,learn about antique motorcycles and get drunk.It's great fun for everyone.

:lol::D:lol::D

Sounds like my kind of event ..... if you want to sponser me to be there your welcome !!!! :lol::D

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online