DT175 total loss system

DirtyDT
This post is 5458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

This is my first post so nice to meet you all.

I need some help with a DT175mx (I think. 1981 and the frame starts with2k4).

The bike has no battery and someone has wired it so it runs with a total loss system. I have seen some online wiring diagrams however my bike seems to have more wires than the diagrams.

The wires from the crank look like this

wire1.jpg

The coil looks like this

wire3.jpg

and the CDI (I dont know if this is right). looks like this

wire2.jpg

I would assume that the green wire from the crank goes to the coil but what about earths etc???

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

This is my first post so nice to meet you all.

I need some help with a DT175mx (I think. 1981 and the frame starts with2k4).

The bike has no battery and someone has wired it so it runs with a total loss system. I have seen some online wiring diagrams however my bike seems to have more wires than the diagrams.

The wires from the crank look like this

wire1.jpg

The coil looks like this

wire3.jpg

and the CDI (I dont know if this is right). looks like this

wire2.jpg

I would assume that the green wire from the crank goes to the coil but what about earths etc???

Thanks.

wires to cdi are the red/white,brown,black,others are for lights etc,from cdi you should have a orange which goes to coil,black and a black/white which are for the kill switch,green is your lighting coil,yellow goes to rectifier to charge battery.

cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online