Exhaust blowing

janey-G
This post is 5441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

small hole in exhaust where the silencer is supposed to slip on.Unfortunately someone has tried to remove the silencer and has just messed it up and caused a small gap and now the exhaust is blowing and will fail next MOT.I have put silencer repair bandage round it but i'm not convinced it will pass next MOT like that. Took the bike to a local car repairer who is good at welding and he said if he welds it on its on permanent.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to whats the best thing to do.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

small hole in exhaust where the silencer is supposed to slip on.Unfortunately someone has tried to remove the silencer and has just messed it up and caused a small gap and now the exhaust is blowing and will fail next MOT.I have put silencer repair bandage round it but i'm not convinced it will pass next MOT like that. Took the bike to a local car repairer who is good at welding and he said if he welds it on its on permanent.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to whats the best thing to do.

hi, i would like to try help. need to see a piccy of the hole and area though really, can you upload one ?

hm the best solution would be to get a standard replacment exhaust

isthe bike under waranty if so they may pay part

if not then may be good time to stick a aftermarket can on like a leo vince,scorpion,mivv,akrapovic would also up ure performance and fule economy

Think i made a mistake in putting the silencer repair bandage on it. Will have to try and get it off and go back to the drawing board but its set like rock now.

The reason its got a bit of a hole in it is because a friend tried to remove the silencer so i could put a standard one on but it seems the vance and Hines i have on it just dosnt want to come off.It seems like its been cemented on.Maybe i should just get it welded anyway.

Think i made a mistake in putting the silencer repair bandage on it. Will have to try and get it off and go back to the drawing board but its set like rock now.

The reason its got a bit of a hole in it is because a friend tried to remove the silencer so i could put a standard one on but it seems the vance and Hines i have on it just dosnt want to come off.It seems like its been cemented on.Maybe i should just get it welded anyway.

weld it and replace when its knackered. does it get in the way of anything like wheel removal?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online