Old gits first bike unearthed

blackhat250
This post is 5425 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I agree, miss seeing the old European peds around, they were simple yet functional and not all about the look or the speed. And as it happens, no i havent seen any MBK's with kids having a great time on them!!!

Hi Og

the MBK factory produced the Yamaha Aerox and other machines of that ilk I guess kids today have fun on them !

Regards Jim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Enter the" GARELLI TIGER CROSS" [the super-bike of peds] B)

until the mag dropped off coz the factory ordered a job lot from bosch with the wrong taper tbh the Rekord looked better than the 'wannie be' off road Tiger. but I guess the Superped had to be the Fantic Motor Chopper !

shell we set up a poll ?

Regards Jim

fact of te matter is, u still see lots of yamahs with kids havin a gr8 time on them :)

u cna kepe your mobylites and mbks, DTs are old skool XD

dont forget where the Aerox is made ... oh poo its in the the old Moby factory :rolleyes:

Regards Jim

If weve moved on to 1970's moped exotica..
Aye auld een" was that also known as Mallaguti Cavelcon [ in blue] and while were here .jim"garell99.jpg

Aye auld een" was that also known as Mallaguti Cavelcon [ in blue] and while were here .jim"garell99.jpg

Ah the tiger that didn't break the crankshaft this one made my life a bit easier !!!

Regards Jim

If weve moved on to 1970's moped exotica...what about this then... ;)

fantic20caballero205020reg20comp202.jpg

Hi Paul,

that was also one quick ped but suffered with the eyetie (at the time) attention to detail

Regards Jim

Yeh jim . ur rite there"FanticChopper125new033.jpg

Wow a Fantic Chopper with the wrong exhaust ( I guess the pic is a 125) .... The 50's (that we sold) had a very ornate upswept exhaust along with gate scrolling across the bars & up the back of the seat.

But I still managed a good 50 or so on the chopper as the eyetie speedo was poo but it was good to see an image of one of them again !!!

Regards Jim

Heres one for blackhat250

Garelli on ebay

And heres one for JimR

Fantic on ebay

:D

Hi Paul,

The Fantic has a load of it missing and having a kickstart engine & low swept exhaust does indicate a 125 but perhaps for europe there was a 50 with a kick start rather than a pedal shaft

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online