YBR 125 wont start

ralphc
This post is 5448 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a YBR125 (year 2006) which wont start. I turn the key and and no lights turn on. Im sure the headlight and neutral light used to come on (I have checked it is in neutral!). I have charged up the existing battery and even tryed a brand new one now but no luck. There must be a loose connection somewhere. Any suggestions? Please help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you checked the fuse? its located just above the battery to the right on my ybr 125 58, Its in like a small red box.

keep us posted

Thanks for the reply. Yep tried the fuse. Its a blue 15amp one and not blown. Is there anything else I should check?

er, have you switched off the cut-out switch by accident?

er, have you switched off the cut-out switch by accident?

The bike doesn't have a engine cut-out switch. Something to do with it only having a centre stand i believe.

The bike doesn't have a engine cut-out switch. Something to do with it only having a centre stand i believe.

As far as I know it does, i think drewpy is referring to the engine kill switch, usually found somewhere on the right hand controls.

Take a multimeter between battery positive and an engine mount bolt, see if you get battery voltage, If not check battery pos to neg, if you now get battery voltage you must have a bad battery neg to chassis connection.

As far as I know it does, i think drewpy is referring to the engine kill switch, usually found somewhere on the right hand controls.

Ive got a ybr125, and got a sidestand, and centrestand.. and no cutout switch/engine kill switch :huh: ....

Ralphc, i'd recommend, checking for loose wires, (if it is not the battery and fuse).. maybe just a bad connection to the battery itself..

hope this helps..

Twist the key a little bit. I heard that some lockers on the YBR do face that problem and the engine dies out from the malfunctioning locker.

Finally found the fault (well almost). I fiddled with the wires underneath the ignition key switch and the lights came on. I could then start the bike as normal. There's a loose connection (as uzi_999 mentioned) amongst those wires. I'll take a good look at the weekend when I have more time.

Thanks for all your help.

• 3 weeks later...

JUST SO YA KNOW GUYS...............i had an 07 ybr till last month.

you wont have a kill switch cos the bike is fuel injected not carbed(if its same as mine)

bike will cut out if side stand down and u put it in gear,clutch in or not.

and just in case its like my fazer.....the bike wont go if its in gear on the center stand either! (could ve been v embarresing that one!)

you wont have a kill switch cos the bike is fuel injected not carbed(if its same as mine)

bike will cut out if side stand down and u put it in gear,clutch in or not.

yup, just went down and tried it ;)

and just in case its like my fazer.....the bike wont go if its in gear on the center stand either! (could ve been v embarresing that one!)

i dont think its like the fazer, ive managed to have it on the centre stand, and rock it forward (back tyre off the floor) and put it in first and ride!!.. felt like the worlds moving forwards as i do :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online