Please clarify

Billy Balthorpe
This post is 5425 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can not post in the wanted section, i have heard that it is because i'm not a sponsor of the site, i say "heard" because i can not find any details of the email that explained it. The links to it here http://www.yamahaclub.com/ and here http://www.yamahaclub.com/ do not go anywhere.

This all seems to have started when i joined, i posted in the wanted section and then the rules were changed so you needed a certian amount of posts, i reached the required amount (not through meaningless posts) and posted again, then the rules were changed so you had to apparently subscribe to the site. Any further plans in the wings?

Where are the details for the subscription charge?

Where is the email letting everyone know that this was happening?

Do you think charging for posting in the For Sale/Wanted sections is a good idea? After all, it will stop anyone apart from the subscribers posting, giving less choice for all subscribers overall.

When we started StaffsMinis, a central core of members got together and all chipped in a bit of cash to keep the forum free from subscription, we belived this to be the best way of doing this, as charging everyone would not lead to a better site.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

BB hav'nt forgotten you, just geting the SP from Admin

drewps

what was the amt in USD? I got a pm from admin on it but it was in another currancy. Id be willing to pay sub price and ive got a ton of yammy stuff, I need room!

what was the amt in USD? I got a pm from admin on it but it was in another currancy. Id be willing to pay sub price and ive got a ton of yammy stuff, I need room!

Not forgotten you Jeeps, still awaiting Alex to respond as he has just moved to the other side of the world!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not forgotten you Jeeps, still awaiting Alex to respond as he has just moved to the other side of the world!!

Price for full membership is £10 a year, you just need to use xe.com/ucc for $ prices as converson rates are always changing.

hope that helps

drewps

I can not post in the wanted section, i have heard that it is because i'm not a sponsor of the site, i say "heard" because i can not find any details of the email that explained it. The links to it here http://www.yamahaclub.com/ and here http://www.yamahaclub.com/ do not go anywhere.

This all seems to have started when i joined, i posted in the wanted section and then the rules were changed so you needed a certian amount of posts, i reached the required amount (not through meaningless posts) and posted again, then the rules were changed so you had to apparently subscribe to the site. Any further plans in the wings?

Where are the details for the subscription charge?

Where is the email letting everyone know that this was happening?

Do you think charging for posting in the For Sale/Wanted sections is a good idea? After all, it will stop anyone apart from the subscribers posting, giving less choice for all subscribers overall.

When we started StaffsMinis, a central core of members got together and all chipped in a bit of cash to keep the forum free from subscription, we belived this to be the best way of doing this, as charging everyone would not lead to a better site.

details of the membership can be gotten from your control panel.

Every one got a PM few months back explaing why there are charges.

the decision for charging was made due to too many folk abusing the for sale/wanted section and we brought in extras. Paid members have access to the photo gallery, garage, live chat, can post in the classifieds section, have access to discounts from the companies listed (still working on getting more), also have greater privileges with PM etc.

drewps