joe stokes
This post is 5465 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all I am a new member and would welcome any advice or comments about TR1's as I have just brought one. The bike is in exelent condition with only 13,000 miles from new but has a problem with the gear lever not returning to its central position making gear changes difficult. I think it is just the return spring broken or not seated propperly as the previous owner said that it worked properly before he fitted a new starter motor. Has anyone done one of these?

Joe :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum Joe, sorry I cant help with the TR1 but for what its worth you should be able to see the effect of the spring on the gear lever as you move the lever each way, do haynes do a manual for this bike?

:welcome: Joe. its usually a centralising spring situated on the opp side of the gear lever. (casing off I'm afraid)

I'm sure Yamagod will have a manual for you to peruse

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online