Speck me some suspension settings please

Captain Carling
This post is 5471 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi there, how does bike feel to you with standard set up?? how do you ride? i always found the front was too soft on early rs ,, what tyres are you running ? what pressures ? all these will have effect on how bike handles. also have you adjusted ride hight front and rear if your tall etc?

hi there, how does bike feel to you with standard set up?? how do you ride? i always found the front was too soft on early rs ,, what tyres are you running ? what pressures ? all these will have effect on how bike handles. also have you adjusted ride hight front and rear if your tall etc?

On standard, it drops quite a lot at the rear, im on dunlop 208 rr, 35psi front and 38psi rear. The bike is standard ride height

On standard, it drops quite a lot at the rear, im on dunlop 208 rr, 35psi front and 38psi rear. The bike is standard ride height

ok, well dunnies have a very sharp profile that makes the bike uneasy in straight line and drop quick into corners,do you feel like the front is gripping well under you? does it feel like it runs wide through corners?if so try dropping the yokes down the forks by 5mm this will put more weight on front tyre and help hold a tighter line through the corners, i always found the best way to start set up is by holding bike upright and using both hands to push down firmly on the tank just in front of fuel cap, if you can get some one to help you do this they or you need to watch the bike react to u pushing down firmly and quickly,, the second person can see if front or back is firmer than the other, its best to get the bike reacting the same front and back, once you have done that then set harder or softer as you require , but match front and back the same so bike moves as one,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online