Advice Wanted

Chrissie
This post is 5447 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there could someone give me advice on the best place to sell my bike .... ive been told to put her on ebay but shes a really nice little bike and dont think i would get a fair deal on there :blink:

Ive never sold a bike before so any advice would be a help .......... many thanks x x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there could someone give me advice on the best place to sell my bike .... ive been told to put her on ebay but shes a really nice little bike and dont think i would get a fair deal on there :blink:

Ive never sold a bike before so any advice would be a help .......... many thanks x x

Hi Chrissie why not have a reserve on the bike then?

What makes you think you wouldnt get a fair deal? As OG said - put a reserve on it - that will ensure you either get what you want for it or it wont sell - simples :D

Methinks why don't you take it to a dealer see what he offers,then mark up a bit and put that then as your reserve,you might take into consideration that now is not the best time for a selling. There's also bike trader

I don't mind the reserve listing on Fleabay. That way if you don't get what you want, you don't need to sell it. Advertise it in as many different ways/places you can that don't cost much. Forums, Ebay, maybe posting a few photos around Uni's where people might be interested. If you're not in a rush to sell, keep checking similar sales so you get a feel for what the market's like. Don't give it away.

No idea what others think but I get a bit funny about letting people that I don't know come around and look at home or where the bike is kept. But I also get suss on someone trying to sell cars an stuff from somewhere where they don't live. Not everyone's as nice as us...... :o

Thank you all for the advice .... might try evil bay and see what happens not many like her around as i believe they are getting a bit rare .....

many thanks x x chrissie

Hi chrissie, I would'nt reccomend e-bay... I've just wasted 5 weeks trying to sell my gsx-r, some german nut bid and never paid, so had to lodge an unpaid deal??/ then had to wait 8 days before i could re list my bike...so that I would'nt get charged the final bidding fees, never again!!!!

I ended up putting it on pistonheads, it sold within 4 days and a damn sight cheaper to advertise than e-bay.

Hope you find this helpful.

Regards Fiona

I live on ebay we do a lot of business through there we have bought all our bikes (7) and sold plenty more through ebay. If you do go that way you must put a reserve or buy it now tag on and always put a note in your write up that you will only sell to buyers within the uk and they must pick it up within so many days of winning the bike, some put a reserve payment on them ie £100 down when you buy it but alot of buyers are put off with that as they wont put a deposit on something they havent seen, anyway which ever way you decide to go good luck

Bike trader, MCN, Bike.com - Loads of places to list.

Newspaper, shop window, local free ads, Gumtree....

Wait a month or two until summer really kicks in and everyone wants a bike.

Should get at least a grand for that.

I've seen a non-running FZR-250 go for 1200 OYEP!!

Hi Chrissie,

You could try www.pistonheads.com

Its the site i use, but be prepared for a fair amount of tossers and time wasters as ive had bucket loads over the R6 already :angry:

Ricky

Yesterday hubby put my yammi on ebay at 5pm by 7pm it was sold on a buy it now button.

My suzuki is on there and going well reserve met and 33 watchers with 3 bids

Hope im still welcome now i only own suzuki,s

Just an update ....................sold the FZR on ebay and bought a suzuki gsx600f , can i still come and play on here now ........pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese x x

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online