Urgent:Few problems with a TZR. Thanks

BakerNinety3
This post is 5458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got the bike back from the garage, i've done 12 miles at 30mph and sat it in the garage, i went to clock up some more mileage earlier to find that there's a leak coming from the head of my engine where a plug of some sort comes out and also the mixture is way too high.

This can't be usual for a new piston can it? I'm going to send it back first thing monday morning as i have home start, but some feedback now on whether this is usual behaviour of a new piston, IE mixture running so rich that anyone withing 10 metres of the idea bike is at serious risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and the fact that there's a bluey green liquid coming from the head out of a plug?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated :)

Thanks

EDIT:

Also when it has been idling for a while, and I go to rev it, it seems very muffled and won't rev past 2.5k and almost drowned by, too much fuel getting through maybe? Nummnuts at the garage said he turned the needle on the carb right up, probably not a brilliant idea, i would adjust it, but then when i take it back, he'll say "no sorry, you've fiddled with it" but i don't know how much he turned it =/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The blue green liquid will be the coolant for your engine. I can only assume that the garage has richened the mixture while you run in the piston. Why did it have a new piston anyhow?

A rather sizeable hole in the crown causing de-compression. My bad lol, well actually, most likely the previous owner had worn it a little, I've only had it a month or so, 2 weeks of which it has been in a garage.

And yeah I thought that too, but he has obviously richened it way too much as it is actually choking the engine while idling. Is that possible?

A rather sizeable hole in the crown causing de-compression. My bad lol, well actually, most likely the previous owner had worn it a little, I've only had it a month or so, 2 weeks of which it has been in a garage.

And yeah I thought that too, but he has obviously richened it way too much as it is actually choking the engine while idling. Is that possible?

Yes it is possible but least its not damaging the engine, only he knows what he's done so suggest you stick with him, if its wrong get him to sort it, as for the leak..that shouldnt happen!

Yes it is possible but least its not damaging the engine, only he knows what he's done so suggest you stick with him, if its wrong get him to sort it, as for the leak..that shouldnt happen!

Yeah, I have home recovery so i'll get the breakdown people to collect it first thing monday, I wouldn't go anywhere else anyway, I don't want to have to pay out more money, he'll have to do it for free 'cause it's something he's done wrong xD

And yeah, I tightened the plug a little more and it has slowed it, if not stopped it all together, but like you said, he'll know what he's done, I don't know what he did in the 2 weeks it's been sitting in his garage.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online