79 xs650 wiring problems

scotyu
This post is 5480 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys!

new to the site, so please bare with me... searches didn't help.

Bought an xs650 over a year ago to try and learn to work on bikes a little bit. I have this one, a 99' zx7r, and had an 05' harley but sold it. I still have not figured out what is wrong with my 650.

The bike had some electrical issues, so had the stator rebuilt, new rectifier, and put on a new wiring harness. Still have an issue with the turn signals not working (but will work if I touch the signal assembly to the battery possitive... weird how I figured that out lol!) and one wire from the ignition gets pretty hot while the bike runs from behind the headlight.

So really I want to just do basic wiring needed to run the bike and head/break lights from ignition or kick...

Does anyone maybe know what else I could do to get everything running correctly or have a diagram for me to wire myself??? Any advice would be AWESOME!!! thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey guys!

new to the site, so please bare with me... searches didn't help.

Bought an xs650 over a year ago to try and learn to work on bikes a little bit. I have this one, a 99' zx7r, and had an 05' harley but sold it. I still have not figured out what is wrong with my 650.

The bike had some electrical issues, so had the stator rebuilt, new rectifier, and put on a new wiring harness. Still have an issue with the turn signals not working (but will work if I touch the signal assembly to the battery possitive... weird how I figured that out lol!) and one wire from the ignition gets pretty hot while the bike runs from behind the headlight.

So really I want to just do basic wiring needed to run the bike and head/break lights from ignition or kick...

Does anyone maybe know what else I could do to get everything running correctly or have a diagram for me to wire myself??? Any advice would be AWESOME!!! thanks

chopper underground has loads