2007 YBR 125 Electrical/Fuel Injection Problem

andreas542
This post is 5473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

My 2007 YBR 125 I've owned from new has just packed up, it's been running fine since I bought it, but about 2 weeks ago, I went to start the bike, and after turning the ignition on, the usual 'whirring' of the fuel injectors priming sounded a bit weird and lasted only about half as long as it usually does. The starter motor still ran, but the engine would not fire and the engine management light flashes until the ignition is turned off.

At the time, I simply turned the ignition off and then back on again and the bike started without problems. It happened once or twice more, and then I went to go out for a ride last weekend and it refused to start, even after several restarts. I took all the plastics off and disconnected, WD-40'd and re-connected every electrical connector on the bike, thinking it was a bad connection somewhere.

The bike still refused to start, so I removed the petrol cap (not sure why) and put it back on, and the bike then started after that. I let the engine run for a few minutes, and then it cut out (first time it's cut out while running, previously it was only a problem getting it started!).

The only weird thing I can think of within the last few weeks is that I recently filled my tank at a local garage I don't usually use, and the petrol may have been weird?

My nearest Yamaha dealer is over 20 miles away, and my local garage say there's nothing they're able to do, as a diagnostic tool needs to be run on it. Any ideas what I can do myself?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

My 2007 YBR 125 I've owned from new has just packed up, it's been running fine since I bought it, but about 2 weeks ago, I went to start the bike, and after turning the ignition on, the usual 'whirring' of the fuel injectors priming sounded a bit weird and lasted only about half as long as it usually does. The starter motor still ran, but the engine would not fire and the engine management light flashes until the ignition is turned off.

At the time, I simply turned the ignition off and then back on again and the bike started without problems. It happened once or twice more, and then I went to go out for a ride last weekend and it refused to start, even after several restarts. I took all the plastics off and disconnected, WD-40'd and re-connected every electrical connector on the bike, thinking it was a bad connection somewhere.

The bike still refused to start, so I removed the petrol cap (not sure why) and put it back on, and the bike then started after that. I let the engine run for a few minutes, and then it cut out (first time it's cut out while running, previously it was only a problem getting it started!).

The only weird thing I can think of within the last few weeks is that I recently filled my tank at a local garage I don't usually use, and the petrol may have been weird?

My nearest Yamaha dealer is over 20 miles away, and my local garage say there's nothing they're able to do, as a diagnostic tool needs to be run on it. Any ideas what I can do myself?

Thanks.

hi mate, i had a similar problem a couple of times, once when on a lesson too!

what i found was that the connector for the starter motor...bottom right hand side of bike...........was not quite "home".a push on it and and i have never had same problem.....just an idea for you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online