'06 ttr50 with sticky throttle

kleduc
This post is 5485 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

New to the forum, so thanks in advance. Got my 6yr old son a ttr50 over the winter. He loves it as its his first bike! The problem is that the throttle sometimes does not fully return to idle speed. At first I thought the choke did not fully close, but pushed that off. The twist grip does return to closed but the engine still revs higher than it should. This happens intermittently. When he's moving it seems ok, but when he comes to a stop in neutral it sometimes sticks. Any info would be helpful. I have a very basic knowledge of small engines. Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

New to the forum, so thanks in advance. Got my 6yr old son a ttr50 over the winter. He loves it as its his first bike! The problem is that the throttle sometimes does not fully return to idle speed. At first I thought the choke did not fully close, but pushed that off. The twist grip does return to closed but the engine still revs higher than it should. This happens intermittently. When he's moving it seems ok, but when he comes to a stop in neutral it sometimes sticks. Any info would be helpful. I have a very basic knowledge of small engines. Thanks!

My TS50 had a sticky throttle for a while, we unhooked the cable at the grip and pumped oil down the cable.

Best of luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online