warped discs???

2enjoi2
This post is 5376 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a 99 r6. at low speeds, 30mph and under. applying the front brake causes a kangaroo affect. ive been told it may be the forks, the discs, or even a incorrect wheel alignment. (although i suspect the later problem would make it difficult to ride at all...)

any help welcome.

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Kangaroo effect?

Is there forward to back play in the forks? (there shouldn't be!)

All brake discs have some warp in them, it's how they work - but I'd suggest asking someone that knows what they're doing and has the right tools to have a look at it for you...

the front end of the bike jumps up and down wildly.

some ideas;

are the disks clean as you may have some oil on one part so the brakes grip then slide, grip and slide causing the chatter!!

have you got enough damping oil in the forks and have you renewed the oil?

no flats on the tyre?

drewps

• 2 months later...

:D Hi 2enjoi2,

just joined forum and saw your post about brake shudder,

i was wondering if you got to the bottem of problem as ive just bought a 2005 fazer 600 and have the same problem

most noticable slowing from 19 mph to 6 mph (especially when bike warmed up 5 or 6 miles) ive had brakes cleaned head checked and new fork oil.

so if you had any luck could you let us know please.

many thanks. :D

It could be partially seized brakes and slightly warped disks. I would get the front wheel off the ground and spin the wheel at different speeds looking straight down the disk to see if the disk is warped.

It could also be that the front forks have moved slightly. I had this once when I dropped a bike. The bike was undamaged but everytime I braked the bike bucked as if it was trying to throw me. I loosened the folk and wheel bolts, not undid but loosened them, and then retightened them again.

I know next to fek all but, its not ABS system from Khazakstan is it ? :huh:

where's regards JimR when you need him?

I know next to fek all but, its not ABS system from Khazakstan is it ? :huh:

:lol: You are a bad man :lol:

I think the Khazakstan brakes are identified by the thick stick that you poke between the spokes when you want to brake.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online