Bugger

Cov_AL
This post is 5455 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I got my shiney new Highway Hawk solo rack yesterday! (and what a lovely sunny day it was)

- so off with the pillion seat, pillion pegs and the saddlebag supports while I'm at it...

everything is cleaned and copper-greased...

and just as I'm tightening up the the last nut (the M6 that normally holds the pillion seat on at the back)

POP - it comes off :unsure:

Damn!

So I pop upto my local shop -

The stud is part of the "rear fender stay" (list price £46!?!)

"could you drill it and put a bolt in for me?" I enquire - either way they'll want sixty odd quid!!

Sod that! I'll do it myself... (only today it's raining <_< )

*sulks in the corner*

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got my shiney new Highway Hawk solo rack yesterday! (and what a lovely sunny day it was)

- so off with the pillion seat, pillion pegs and the saddlebag supports while I'm at it...

everything is cleaned and copper-greased...

and just as I'm tightening up the the last nut (the M6 that normally holds the pillion seat on at the back)

POP - it comes off :unsure:

Damn!

So I pop upto my local shop -

"could you drill it and put a bolt in for me?" I enquire - either way they'll want sixty odd quid!!

Sod that! I'll do it myself... (only today it's raining <_< )

*sulks in the corner*

i hear ya bro - as a computer nerd this whole getting hands dirty thing is new to me, i'm loving it up until things like this keep happening to me and sometimes cost me more than the few quid i was saving by doing it myself!!

still, decent learning experience, and hopefully i'll know more about it all for next time ;-)

good luck with it

WHAT???!!!

That little nut & bolt thing at the back?

Fuck that, fella... Just replace them with a new nut and bolt. Any old one will do so long as they are thread-matched and the bolt is long enough.

Mine's the same.

Or did you break the bracket that the bolt goes through?

If so, get someone at a machine shop to make you a new one for a few squid.

Yeah, I've got a new ss bolt and nyloc nut, just gotta drill out the old stud (indoors at work, or at home in nicer weather)

I figured I'd tap the hole and I've got some red loctite to help hold it in place...

Not yet, might get a chance to do it thursday or friday... it doesn't stop me riding it though!

in other news - last year I bought some levers with skulls on (like these)31oC69-SgKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The Chrome is flaking off already - I can't remember the ebay seller or manufacturers name, but if you see these, it's probably worth giving them a miss...

If it's not one thing - then it's another!

This evening I changed my brake levers over and fixed the pillion seat bolt.

Then on the way home my speedo cable snapped!!!

Dammit! :banghead:

I know that feeling, my bike went through its mot with minor points. Just pulling away from the garage when mine pinged at least it wasnt as i pulled away from a junction like i did on my old zzr. Its amazing how quickly you can get your feet back on the ground.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online