MT03 Owners

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 2433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm not sure how many MT03 owners there are on here, but I'm interested in the ones that have covered over 6000 miles (10,000km).

Have any of you had to replace your cush drive rubbers ??

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm not sure how many MT03 owners there are on here, but I'm interested in the ones that have covered over 6000 miles (10,000km).

Have any of you had to replace your cush drive rubbers ??

My MT-03 has done about 8200 miles and the cush drive is knackered, along with the sprocket carrier bearing, final drive chain and possibly the sprockets themselves. Hmmm. I'm not a viscious rider and I do maintain things. However, I am the 2nd owner and I suspect these may be the original items which have received unknown levels of care. Once I replace the bits, I will log how things fare in their deterioration. Must admit at this point the life-expentancy of this bike is short as it is rotting away faster than my 20 year old SRX400 so I wonder what will drop off next.

hay up, gas up, i know it's not an mt03,but what im getting at is ,the old cush drives on the rd lasted for years,but since i replaced them with new ones ,it seems that the new ones don't last anywere near as long,i put new cush drives in the rd in october 2009,they now look iffy with a very small but noticable snatch when setting off.pryer to that they were renewed with about 3000 miles use on them.

I posted this as the cush rubbers in the XT appear to be made from cheese (not even a nice chees like Stilton, Blacksticks or Brie). The MT03 has the same engine and power as the XT - I was looking for a modified part, or cross-bread part that maybe had more life in it....

Intersting one about the LC's cush rubbers......

I wonder if modern cush rubber is made out of 2nd generation recycled tyres or something.... It's a sod as it's softer than dairylea or even laughing cow....

I,ve had to replace cush drive rubbers, wheel bearings (incl. sprocket carrier bearing) & chain & sprockets on my MT-03 after relatively low mileage. I.ve had other thumpers (XT 500, SRX 600) but this problem seems unique to the MT. Bad desisgn and/or poor quality materials?...... :unsure:

. Bad desisgn and/or poor quality materials?...... :unsure:

Probably the same rubbers as the XT then...

Probably the same rubbers as the XT then...

More than likely...Re Hackbridge Cossacks post, build quality seems really poor (rusty nuts & bolts, fading plastics, etc.). In many respects it,s worse than my FZR & that,s sixteen years old! :huh:

More than likely...Re Hackbridge Cossacks post, build quality seems really poor (rusty nuts & bolts, fading plastics, etc.). In many respects it,s worse than my FZR & that,s sixteen years old! :huh:

It's worrying when the old Yams weren't exactly built to last and the new ones seem flimsy in comparison.

• 6 years later...

A friend of mine is interested in a late 2007 MT-03 and I wonder what to look out for to look out for problems please?  How would you tell, visually, if the cush drive is on its way out please?

Morseman, this post is 7 YEARS OLD MATE..! Your not likely to get an answer, try a new post and see if that get's you an answer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online