2007 R6 Exhaust (HELP PLEASE)

bikerboyaitch
This post is 5490 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I own a 2007 R6 and have had it nearly a year now, i have a yoshimura tri oval slip on carbon fibre end can and i am now looking at abolishing the cat, i have been offered a set of stainless steel down pipes complete with mid section (link pipe) to replace the ugly mess underneath. It's going to cost me £275 for this but before i go ahead with it can anyone please outline any potential hazards that may lie ahead if i go with this. The new set up comes complete with a pre drilled hole for the lamba sensor to go in too, so just in case i'm overlooking anything can someone shine some light on this for me......

Thanks very much....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the only problem i could see is it not passing mot because if emmisions or been pulled over because of the extra noise

im no expert and im only 17 so dont realy know but i think im right in thinking this

Hi, thanks for your reply, there aren't any emission test in the uk for motorbikes, as for the noise, well..... loud cans save lives so i'll take my chances.... i'm more worried in case i have to get the thing re mapped or something.

Thanks again

ohh right thorght there were lol

the only thing i had to do on my old bike was up the fule jets so a remap may be needed but that wouldent be a bad thing at least you will get even more performance :D

You will more than likley need to book some Dyno time and some one who knows what they are doing to set the fueling up properly, it may even need a Power Commander to get the best out of the new system.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online