new to club

wishmaster
This post is 5499 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all just thought i would introduce myself

my names paul from Australia

i have had a few Yamaha's now on number 3

had a it 200 and a it460 both 1981

i seem to like that year so i have now picked up a 1981 xs 250 special that my dad originally

bought when he came over from England

has sat in the shed with a blown bottom end for 10 years i have had it 1 month and given it a freshen up dropped in a new motor new coat of paint made a new wiring harness and will have it on the road within a week just waiting on some parts like points and master cylinder to arrive and she will be good to go

going to leave it as stock as i can as that is they way i like them and in aust they seem very hard to come across

also have just finished a 1966 mark 1 2 door cortina i managed to track down as i seem to love all things pommy lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah love the xs its a great cruiser have ridden a few late model road bikes and they are not for me

i rather sit back and just enjoy the ride rather then go like a bat out hell and be to busy trying to hang on rather then enjoying it

i got her running today for the first time in 10 years needs a bit of tuning to the carbs as its revving high then dies down and stalls out but that's just carb adjustments as they were stripped down to nothing and cleaned and now having trouble finding the tuning specs but still had her doing 130kmh while running rough so that's pretty good i think plenty of power for such as old bike

hey mate

ive just joined as well. what part of aus you in? nice looking bike, ive just started tidying up my first bike, a 1974 DT-80. the xs looks like a sweet bike, might look at 1 for my next bike.

how ya going mate i'm from the east coast just out of Sydney

should not be to hard to find parts for your little weapon i have been tracking a lot of old Yamaha parts down the last few weeks i will make a list and post it up for you most of the place i have found are in south Australia and just out of Perth in WA

Wellcome to the Y.O.C. , Paul !!

;)

Wellcome to the Y.O.C. , Paul !!

;)

thanks glad to have signed up looks like a great place here

and going back through all the old post in the problems section has helped me out a lot getting my ride running again

thanks for the info to help me out

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online