Racing Variator

gb_oh6
This post is 5028 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i have an Aerox 50 sat in the garden and I want to put a polini racing variator kit on it. Now i've been told that if i put a new variator on it then i would also need to change the clutch to a new racing one aswel.. is this true? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i doubt you will NEED to put a racing clutch on it, but adding lighter rollers and stiffer clutch springs would be ideal because it would engage at Higher RPM

i doubt you will NEED to put a racing clutch on it, but adding lighter rollers and stiffer clutch springs would be ideal because it would engage at Higher RPM

Thanks, ill keep it in mind :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, i have an Aerox 50 sat in the garden and I want to put a polini racing variator kit on it. Now i've been told that if i put a new variator on it then i would also need to change the clutch to a new racing one aswel.. is this true? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

thats shit whoever told you that, buy a 9 rollev variator it comes woth tighter clutch springs, you dont need to change your clutch unless it has worn out or your raceing it and want a lighter 1wich wud last about 2 mins