Old leathers

Perro46
This post is 5477 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Is there any treatment for old leathers that have shrunk and/or hardened?
Geday mate! Yeah, just wear them on a good long ride in the rain and their shape and flexability will return. HAVE A BLAST! Paul.

there is a product here in the states called "saddle soap"

also I used ( and this isnt exactly a suggestion so use at your risk) a product that i work with called "crete-lease" ist a mineral spirit blended with vegetable oil. used to help release concerte from forms. i pit it on my stiff cracked jacket, and it got all soft again. i figure the oil works like a waterproofer too.

We also have 'saddle soap' here as well. also a similar product is dubbing, if the leather item u'r talking about is hardened/shrunk, then smother it & leave it a few days (for the soap/dubbing) to soak into the leather, then smother it again & leave until it don't want feeding anymore. then whats left on the surface should buff into the leather nicely & it should be nice & maliable to fit to whoever wears it. Hope this helps (I've done this in the past & still my leathers, after years of abuse, still fit nicely, despite being a over weight type person.Lol).

If theres a place near you wiv horses, ask em to get you a wee bottle of 'neatsfoot' oil. :)

old fassioned, inexpensive remmody for stiff leater. Piss on em'. Scientific fact is that the ensimes ( should be a G in there some where) in pee are great for softening leather. I shit you not!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online