Helmets?

wild foamy
This post is 5502 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone

im looking for a new helmet as my current one is a bit primative, large and heavy (its a plastic Wulfsport helmet)

anyway, ive been looking at some nice MX style helmets (carbon fiber one for £100 in george whites) but none of these seem to have visors, and for me that is a nescessity (sp?).

so does anyone know where to find a good, lightweight MX helmet with a visor? (preferably a fibreglass or carbon fiber one)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I for one have never seen a Moto-X helmet with a visor.

The norm is to wear wrap around goggles or shades (I don't mean Biggles style goggles either :P )

If you want a visor, you're going to be looking for a full face or flip front I'm afraid.

Steer clear of open face helmets - your chin is better off where it is :)

What about an Arai Tour X? That has a visor. George Whites in Swindon were selling them really cheap but not sure if they still are.

Oops.... that's exactly what Jon's said in above post :D

This is the helmet that ive got:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WULFSPORT-PRIMA-MX-E...A1%7C240%3A1308

it does the job very well, looks quite nice but is pretty heavy and overly big (manufacturers sometimes use the same shell for each helmet but add more/less padding to make the sizes)

would rather stick to a moto-X style helmet as it suits the bike a bit better and i prefer having the peak, i dont really want to spend more than £100.

he said £100 curly girl

aria helmets are expensive...

i was thinkin about getting one of these for summer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONSTER-ENERGY-MOTOR...%3A1|240%3A1318

look amazin 2