Gravesone
This post is 5481 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everybody, Gravesone here. :D

I've just got myself a FZR400 WG1 Genesis on a 86' plate, which I'm in the process of stripping down and bringing it back to it's former glory. I haven't had a Jap bike for over 30 years, my last one was an RD250. I'll be needing quite a bit of help and advice on the refurb. Your help will be much appreciated.

By the time it's finished (12 months approx) it will take on a 'Stevie Baker' colour scheme. :D

The previous owner has had the chain 'hand grenade' on him smashing the water-pump, I've had a quote for £241 direct from Japan :unsure: , does anybody know anywhere I stand a chance of getting one? The whole bike didn't cost much more than that.

See you on the Forum

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello and welcome to the site sorry cant help you on the mechanics side of things (thats what hubby's for) :lol:

Hey and welcome to the owners club

Is it the actual pump that is damaged or just the cover?

Can we see a pic? It looks like the fzr600 pump will fit also...

:)

It is the actual pump, it's smashed the cover and the body, it's been epoxyed back together and I wouldn't have seen it when I bought the bike because of the spocket cover. As for a photo I'm on the case. Thanks

:welcome: to the forum Gravesone

Always been a big fan of the FZR400's :thumb: .....best of luck with sorting out your pump issue. ;)

Wellcome to the Y.O.C. forum !! :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online