dt 175 carb

This post is 5499 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys

Could anybody tell me what carb is on my dt 175 (1975) and possibly where to look for a new one.

cheers

Ray

Probably next to a pile of rocking horse siht, only kidding but they are increacingly rare, any of the auction sites really. Would need the engine no to be exact with which carb you have and that will be the trouble with any that turn up you cannot be certain that its the right one.

Going on your previous thread are you sure another carb will cure your ills, it would be far easier to fix the one you have i would have thought, it may even be something else like electrics or crank seals. As far as it goes carbs very rarely actually wear out. The stuff in them does like jets and needles etc and that can be fixed.

Oh and Ray, note to self, add the A on the end of your bike name.

but they are increacingly rare

Yeh every word that cynic says is is true " But i did see a new carb on fleabay . last year [german seller] £ 90. It was the real deal [ black pull-up choke] .."patience is vitue" :)

Can you not rebuild the one you have, or is it missing.

Also................

There are a couple dt125 carbs (same type) on the bay also, will just need appropriate jetting............

:)

Ally

Thanks for the info I have put in a bid, fingers crossed should be able to make one good one up out of that lot

Ray

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online