TT 2009

Madison Motorsport
This post is 5500 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anyone from here going to the Isle of Man this year?

We're going over on the 31st from Heysham and we'll be stopping at Glen Lough Campsite

It's also going to be our honeymoon :D

Although, I am a TT Marshall so I doubt I will get to spend much time doing the nuptuals :huh:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

would be nice to go to the TT, but i dont think my DT would make it around the whole circuit and i would probably end up spread across the road...

Not been for about 15 years !! we used to Marshall the 33rd and Kates Cottage, the old lass was still alive when we where there, mind you she was a "real character" she used to do dinner for us when we where on that section.

We are life members of the TT marshals association, but due to the high cost of getting there with 2 bikes and the silly cost of accomadation we stopped going. In those days you got no help at all with expenses.

I marshalled at Glen Lough last year and I'm hoping to do the Bungalow this time round :D

We have talked about doing a week at the Manx, don`t think the cost for accomadation is so bad then and we are all ready booked off work for manx week, not sure though, we do about 30 race meetings a year as Marshalls and some times you need a break from it !!

Tread carefully if you go out there, i know of a very experienced riding instructor who has been done on the isle of man recently, got banned for 18 months i think,thought he was being given a race by another biker, the other bike tried to get inside of him forcing him into wrong lines and all sorts turned out to be an unmarked police bike goading him into speeding and making mistakes, he went too court with a six page report he made of the cops stupidity but still got done, the guy is a safe rider and had his daughter on the pillion, so watch out

merv

I can relate to that.

Not been done myself but I know a few who have.

NSL over there means 'No Speed Limit' like it did over here many years ago.

However, they will prosecute if you are riding in a way they consider to be dangerous (they are pretty laid back but don't suffer fools, as the saying goes). They will come down on riders, who speed in zones where there are speed limits, like the proverbial ton of bricks.

As merv said, be careful and don't get led into racing ANYBODY.

Again, i will not be going to the isle of Man, been 3 times and thats enough.

Its expensive to get there, expensive to be there, expensive to stay there, it pisses it down so camping is miserable, its crowded and, certainly over the last 15 years, its all geared around taking every single penny off you. We as bikers, have gone from being the skint riders of cheap transport, to the riders of £7000 "toys" that only come out when its sunny at weekends, obviously the people who take our money have realised that if we can afford £7K as a toy, we must have a lot of disposable income and they want it.

Its fantastic to go there, but there are a lot of places in the world to go to apart from the IOM. You could spend a week in the french alps and italy for the price of an IOM trip, better weather, beautiful roads, friendy police, cheap accomodation, cheap supermarket beer, cheap Bar beer (in Italy and Spain). No racin tho.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online