worst injury

liquidcooled
This post is 5456 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This thread is really awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can´t stop laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

some of you have a fantastic sense of humour

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slightly off topic - but my mate had a reasonably big off few years ago when a

stupid woman pulled out in front of him.

He said the worst bit was when the nurses in A&E asked if he had any piercings...... ;):nurse:

is it just me or isnt this topic from 2004...

epic bump

hi i was sitting at a set off lights back in 87 st john st islington wen a mk1 transit van cam around the corner and the

headlight hit me under my right side ribs it threw me up off the bike threw apub window and i landed left ribs side

on the table had busted 2ribs each side 98 stichies the van driver was a corrier with his own van no ins: no mot no tax

but i sat at a set of light in 97 and a bmw hit me ars on i landed on my coyxx i was in pain for moths after think that was wors and all u new riders out there if i had my foot on the back brack it would nt of happend ride safe now

Hit an "S" bend far too fast - roads were damp and i ran wide, i tried to correct it but it was too late, i was too far over.

Bike spat me off into a fence which i went through (flimsy as fuck it was) and down a railway embankment.

I ended up wrapped around a wooden post with busted ribs and 2 broken wrists.

Although i got up and ran to the road to see the damage to my bike - it was a Kawasaki AR125 - surprisingly there wasnt that much - and i didnt feel any pain till i realised i was ok and my bike was ok - sort of.

I was 18 at the time - and i STILL hate left handers.....................

Just picked up the April 09 issue of Superbike Magazine and oh my word...page 36 shows a horrific leg injury pic for some poor bloke who had a run in with a car who "didnt see him"...

There's a section called "Through the Grinder" - readers injuries, they even send you a back protector if they print your pic / story...OUCH!

I just hope I never see / endure anything like that.....stay safe everyone :eusa_pray:

Just picked up the April 09 issue of Superbike Magazine and oh my word...page 36 shows a horrific leg injury pic for some poor bloke who had a run in with a car who "didnt see him"...

There's a section called "Through the Grinder" - readers injuries, they even send you a back protector if they print your pic / story...OUCH!

I just hope I never see / endure anything like that.....stay safe everyone :eusa_pray:

I see lots of bikers in the clinics.

Most of their amputations are due to accidents - surprisingly most are caused by infection brought on by road rash, rather than the accident itself - and its often months after the events that their limb(s) are removed...........

Well.... i had a real bad time for a while, for those of you who know what they are, i had a pilonidal sinus, that had to get operated on and packed every day for 6 weeks (got pictures aswel)...near the end of my treatment i was attacked by a dog and badly bitten on both hands (teeth went right down to the bone) then a few months after i was rushed into hospital as a prevouse operation to restructure my stomach came undone, and my stomach twisted and was pushed up into my chest cavity, got a nice foot long scar from that one, but was on morphine for a week after.......started seeing things.

Also smashed my front tooth after a volvo srut i was working on smaked me in the mouth, had to get root canal treatment and a crown put on.

Got repeditive strain injury from typing this post.................

was going along a street covered with ice last week (i was late for school and was maybe pushing it a little).

the car infront of me braked and pulled onto the kerb to park. i put the brakes on, front wheel locked and next thing i know is im on my ass skidding along the road. i pick the bike up and its fine, decided to walk it from there as the school was only round the corner

and the worst part, i put a scratch in my BRAND NEW WEEK OLD LEATHER JACKET! :angry:.

other than that, worst bike-related injury was riding in jeans because i was "just nipping into town", hit a bit of ice on the roundabout and went over onto my left knee, had some road rash, a limp and a big black bruise for about a month afterwards. now i ride with head-to-toe protection. (once bitten, twice shy and all that lark)

HOW LONG HAVE YOU GOT?,

Bike related, Early morning, empty road, Hit a roundabout, I hit the opposite curb the bike hit me,

4 broken rib`s, broken pelvis,(now wired up), broken ankle, (Now pined),

And a gravel rash the size of Africa, (now that did smart a bit),

First thing i did when i could stand, YES you Know, checked out the bike,

Started first time on the button, (I do hate a smug bike),

I still have the bike GS550, Back to her former glory, High gloss black, lot`s of chrome,

Just love this bike,

Oh, And Steve, Thats what your leathers are for, Better your jacket then your back,

(TUT, KID`S EH), LOL, Only joking,

• 1 month later...

Does every bone in my body count? hah

Only real one due to biking was a broken finger and a bruised hip.

Broke both my arms (1 twice), playing football and ice skating.

Broke my Metatarsal(sp) from falling down 1 stair. broken my ankle doing the same thing.

just this past week, tore my tendon at the back off my ankle and stretched my ligament around my ankle bone, by stepping backwards off a kurb.

cracked my eye bone, walked into the corner of a wall.

broke many fingers through doing stupid stuff.

broke 2 ribs and cracked 3 ice and went 3, fell down a hill in ice and the fence was what stopped me.

broke toes .. tripping over things etc.

Torn all my ligaments that hold your thumb onto your hand, by falling backwards and landing on my thumb. took fucking 16 weeks to heal, bandage, support, metal plates, cast ..operation was what healed it :(

cracked my jaw bone after getting smacked in the fact with a wooden pole.

the worst injury ive probly had though .. used to work in the cheffing industry, sharp knife + me = not good haha

cut my finger .. bled for 5 hours before anyone decided to take me to hospital haha, 7 stiches :(

Im very accident prone haha

Heres my list, which is no means all of them;

1, got a length of hornby railway through my foot ending up in casualty after it was sliced into a large V shape between the big toe and next toe

2, Wicket Keeping and I went for what I thought was a wide ball off the batsman and got taken out by his bat full swing flat on to my face.

3, Wheelied my DT125 in bare feet landed on a broken tile and skinned the bottom of my foot.

4, Sawing floor boards I sawed through my index finger at the end of a stroke catching fowards then back again and took a V notch of skin and bone.

5, Knocked myself out with a tyre lever trying to prise an engine out of a frame.

6, concussion from a hand operated guillotine sheet steel handle after pulling it down on my head

7, broken nose after friend kneed me in the face trying to pull me up on the roof of a car

8, countless electric shocks from HT systems

9, Karting accident where I severed my eyelid and had to have it super-glued back on.

10, broken fingers from dropping a toyota engine on them

11, broken ribs from tackling a tree during a game of football

And the list goes on!

Ive just got out off hospital yesterday after being in for 2 weeks! had a similar experience to Goth, got caught out by a left hander on s bend, ran wide into a bush but got taken out by sneaky tree hiding in said bush! Broke my femur, bone marrow went into my lungs and had to be in a+e for 2 weeks, now got a nice shiny rod in my leg!!!!

Mine would have been 2004 when I had an Iris chain snap on my T/Cat. The chain somehow managed to wrap itself around my left ankle and the swingarm.

It cut through my Alpinestars boot and my skin, down to the bone, whilst dragging me along A5 tarmac for about 200 yards.