help rectifier needed for xvs 125\250.

Ogri
This post is 5488 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

help rectifier needed for xvs 125\250. The part number is sh678-11. I've got the egg run on the horizon and the damb thing has died. One of the connector spades has sheered off right down to the base so I cant even get a bit of solder on it to get me through the run. If anyone can help I'd be most obluiged obliged obblijed? any way I'd be made up. Many thanks in anticipation. OGRi :blink:

Just been hunting around on ebay. There's a SH650D-11 regulator rectifier pattern part there obviously for the 650 version, but does anyone know if it would be ok for the my little 125 draggy. It has the same number of pins and the voltage is the same. Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

help rectifier needed for xvs 125\250. The part number is sh678-11. I've got the egg run on the horizon and the damb thing has died. One of the connector spades has sheered off right down to the base so I cant even get a bit of solder on it to get me through the run. If anyone can help I'd be most obluiged obliged obblijed? any way I'd be made up. Many thanks in anticipation. OGRi :blink:

Just been hunting around on ebay. There's a SH650D-11 regulator rectifier pattern part there obviously for the 650 version, but does anyone know if it would be ok for the my little 125 draggy. It has the same number of pins and the voltage is the same. Any ideas?

saw that also on e bay but cant answer if it will be okay. but typed sh678-11 into google an it shows it as an 1100 classic rectifier for years 03 04 05 so maybe try looking for a rectifier for an 1100 it was $79, tried wemoto stock list nothing on there good luck

saw that also on e bay but cant answer if it will be okay. but typed sh678-11 into google an it shows it as an 1100 classic rectifier for years 03 04 05 so maybe try looking for a rectifier for an 1100 it was $79, tried wemoto stock list nothing on there good luck

Once again Oldtimer thanks. It's been running on the existing one since I bought it and I was having troublr tracking it down to model. I had an idea that it wasn't the original, saying that now as I've had a propper looksee, it does look as if the last owner has been having a play around with the wiring in general so I'll have to check everything out from scratch. Once again thanks for the help. OGGs

Once again Oldtimer thanks. It's been running on the existing one since I bought it and I was having troublr tracking it down to model. I had an idea that it wasn't the original, saying that now as I've had a propper looksee, it does look as if the last owner has been having a play around with the wiring in general so I'll have to check everything out from scratch. Once again thanks for the help. OGGs

hi ogri have just checked my workshop manual and my bike it shows.

model sh650dd-11 shindengen

rectifier capacity 18A

withstand voltage 20dv

so it looks like the one of e bay should be okay as long as he has not done any other mods.

is This any use Ogri

from Here

Oh mate this is getting confusing!! I've just been talking to a friend and he reccons that a rectifier is a rectifier so long as the pin outs and voltage are the same. He does recoment that the larger the surfave area of the heat sink the cooler it will stay and that the larger the bike it's off, the better it should charge the battery. Also after looking at the site you directed me to, the lay out and appearence of the 1100 is identical to the 125! AND they're all the same price.

In conclusion what have I learned tonight? They're all the bloody same unit right accross the XVS range and all that matters is whether they will fit in the slot next to the battery.

The only one that appears different is that of the 650 which also appears to fit the R1, R6 and most other Yamahas. It's octagonal in shape and I think it's a pattern part.

Great detective work mate! now I shall go to the ball!

PS it now turns out that he's got one in a box some where in the shed............Typical!!

Many thanks for your help OGs

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

can try RR10 - Regulator Rectifier if your still looking

also fits

Honda ATC250ES/ESF, ATV350, ATV-PILOT

Kawasaki Z900, Z1000A/A1

Suzuki DR650R/RE/RS, DR750S/800S, GN125/250/400, GR650, GS250/400/425 GS450E/L, GS550/550L (8-valve), GS650E/L, GS750E/L, GS850GL/GT, GS1000GL/GT, GS1000/GSX1100 Katana, GSX240/250/400T, GZ125, RV125, VL125 LT230

Yamaha XVS125 YFB250, YFM660

Laverda RGS1000, RGS1200

Norton Commander, F1, Rotary,

can try RR10 - Regulator Rectifier if your still looking

also fits

Honda ATC250ES/ESF, ATV350, ATV-PILOT

Kawasaki Z900, Z1000A/A1

Suzuki DR650R/RE/RS, DR750S/800S, GN125/250/400, GR650, GS250/400/425 GS450E/L, GS550/550L (8-valve), GS650E/L, GS750E/L, GS850GL/GT, GS1000GL/GT, GS1000/GSX1100 Katana, GSX240/250/400T, GZ125, RV125, VL125 LT230

Yamaha XVS125 YFB250, YFM660

Laverda RGS1000, RGS1200

Norton Commander, F1, Rotary,

Great find! I now can't make up my mind if i'd be better off new or not so new. but I think I can work that one out on my own. Cheers for the help. OGRi