:D got my first big bike!

Mikey*DTR
This post is 5517 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello every 1 hope you are all ok and looking forward to the start of the good weather.

at last iv got my new bike :D but im sorry to say its not a yamaha so il be leaving you but popping in once and while to say hi as im keeping the dt till june.

my new bike is a Honda Hornet cb 600 was my dads bike which i rode a few months ago and loved it and surprisingly he has agreed to give it to me as hes going to hang up his leathers and become a cage driver having had many close calls commuting to work everyday for the past 4 or 5 years about 60mile round trip.

so iv been on the insurance all day and got a fair deal which im quite happy with £325 third party only with 1 years NCB with my dad as a named rider. just booked it in to be restricted to 33bhp costing a steep £250 but hey ho.. i managed to grab a really decent bike for nothing so i cant complain :D

:rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello every 1 hope you are all ok and looking forward to the start of the good weather.

Hi Mikey, not seen much of you lately, thought youd bought a car or summat :P

at last iv got my new bike :D but im sorry to say its not a yamaha so il be leaving you but popping in once and while to say hi as im keeping the dt till june.

so youll pop in now and again until June eh?

:o

my new bike is a Honda Hornet cb 600 was my dads bike which i rode a few months ago and loved it and surprisingly he has agreed to give it to me as hes going to hang up his leathers and become a cage driver having had many close calls commuting to work everyday for the past 4 or 5 years about 60mile round trip.

Shokz has a Honda hornet too and he didnt give up on us ;)

so iv been on the insurance all day and got a fair deal which im quite happy with £325 third party only with 1 years NCB with my dad as a named rider. just booked it in to be restricted to 33bhp costing a steep £250 but hey ho.. i managed to grab a really decent bike for nothing so i cant complain :D

:rolleyes:

Enjoy your new bike Mikey, ride safe matey and dont forget where we are eh.

Congratulations you jammy wee blasterd, wish I'd started at your age, safe motoring an listen to your Da', even if it sounds like white noise/interference, he'll be shittin it more than you every time you go out, strive to become old at it, not bold at it, now go out there an charm the pants off the birds ! :rolleyes:

Congrats on the first big bike - I'm looking for a Hornet too after passing yesterday. (Heart tells me I'd like a new XJ6 or even the MT-03 despite it being a single, but head tells me a lot different).

Good luck on the new bike and let us know how you get on in general! I hope you have many great rides on your new bike :D

Hi Mikey, not seen much of you lately, thought youd bought a car or summat :P

:D im always here just dont have so many questions now :P....ha bought a car months ago days went past before boredom set in!

so youll pop in now and again until June eh?

:o

ohhh yes you couldnt get rid of me that easy ;) it wont be too long till i have another yammy if things keep going good

Shokz has a Honda hornet too and he didnt give up on us ;)

haha il strive to be like Shokz then we have just had a good old chin wag about ye old hornets!

Enjoy your new bike Mikey, ride safe matey and dont forget where we are eh.

will do OG ;) will definatly have to go for a ride with you soon! take it steady mate

Congratulations you jammy wee blasterd, wish I'd started at your age, safe motoring an listen to your Da', even if it sounds like white noise/interference, he'll be shittin it more than you every time you go out, strive to become old at it, not bold at it, now go out there an charm the pants off the birds ! :rolleyes:

thanks! i no id been pretty lucky 2 bikes and a car at my age can you tell i still live at home ;). ohh i will mate dont worry...id hate to prang it i doubt id wana come home if i did lol :D thanks for the advice! ;) no need to charm the birds the hornet is RED yes that does make it the fastest model!!

Congrats on the first big bike - I'm looking for a Hornet too after passing yesterday. (Heart tells me I'd like a new XJ6 or even the MT-03 despite it being a single, but head tells me a lot different).

Good luck on the new bike and let us know how you get on in general! I hope you have many great rides on your new bike :D

congrats on passing your test mate! go with what your heart says or even better if your dad is feeling nice and gives you his bike bonus! i like the hornet admitadle thats not a bias choice ;) its up to you im sure what ever you pick your enjoy it!

i will let you all no how i get on and be popping in time to time read the latest on the yamahas...and put my 2pence in where i can.

take car

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online