XT350 wiring woes

chappers
This post is 5499 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help please! Any XT350 electro-genius out there?? :blink: In the final throes of a rebuild, when coming to the wiring hook up, everything now works (thanks Madison for the diagrams) bar the headlight on-off dip & beam. Can't seem to find the live power supply to the lighting switch on left handlebar (OFF, PO, ON). From the main switch there's power to the pilot and tail light via blue/red lead for park position. I'm believing the plain blue is the supply to the lighting circuit when key is in on position. From the lighting coil there's a red/yellow, to a connector with pink (for horn) and blue (to lights switch) On the connector red/yellow becomes brown up to light switch. From the main switch there's a blue which links in to this connector.

Main questions: 1. Should this blue from the main switch show live when key is in on position?

2. Does the red/yellow supply power from the lighting coil to the lights independent of the battery?

3. On an XT350 do the main lights (apart from signals, brakes and horn) only work when the engine is running?

4. What does the PO position on the lights switch mean?

And if, on a Friday night after several pints/bottle of shiraz or whatever your poison, you can give me any hope of an answer you will have my eternal gratitude. Thanks for looking! :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Help please! Any XT350 electro-genius out there?? :blink: In the final throes of a rebuild, when coming to the wiring hook up, everything now works (thanks Madison for the diagrams) bar the headlight on-off dip & beam. Can't seem to find the live power supply to the lighting switch on left handlebar (OFF, PO, ON). From the main switch there's power to the pilot and tail light via blue/red lead for park position. I'm believing the plain blue is the supply to the lighting circuit when key is in on position. From the lighting coil there's a red/yellow, to a connector with pink (for horn) and blue (to lights switch) On the connector red/yellow becomes brown up to light switch. From the main switch there's a blue which links in to this connector.

Main questions: 1. Should this blue from the main switch show live when key is in on position?

2. Does the red/yellow supply power from the lighting coil to the lights independent of the battery?

3. On an XT350 do the main lights (apart from signals, brakes and horn) only work when the engine is running?

4. What does the PO position on the lights switch mean?

And if, on a Friday night after several pints/bottle of shiraz or whatever your poison, you can give me any hope of an answer you will have my eternal gratitude. Thanks for looking! :D

1. Blue is live when key is ON position yes.

2, yes it does but answer (3) will hopefully explain further

3. You havent looked at the info you have already been given. In the owners manual that Yamagod sent you, page 24 of 112 " NOTE, When the engine is started the headlight and meter lights come on automatically and the lights stay on until the main switch is turned OFF even if the engine stalls"

4. I think it means Pilot Only, you can switch the headlight off in this position

...Paul

1. Blue is live when key is ON position yes.

2, yes it does but answer (3) will hopefully explain further

3. You havent looked at the info you have already been given. In the owners manual that Yamagod sent you, page 24 of 112 " NOTE, When the engine is started the headlight and meter lights come on automatically and the lights stay on until the main switch is turned OFF even if the engine stalls"

4. I think it means Pilot Only, you can switch the headlight off in this position

...Paul

:D Well, all is explained then! Except I was at some disadvantage as I couldn"t open Yamagod's manual! However, the blue doesn't go live when the key is in ON. But as the bike is not up and running I'll have to wait until it is, then see what happens. :blink: But it does mean I may now get some sleep instead of spending hours tossing and turning (no jokes about tosser, eh??) with only a wiring diagram in my mind's eye expanding at the rate of the universe...Thanks for your thoughts. cheers Chappers. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online