R46

R46Paul
This post is 4951 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Im new around here, but thought i would join up and say hi!

I have just bought an 05 R46, that my friend has owned since new..and i love it. The bike has just gone into my local Yamaha dealer for a full service, and they mentioned that it should have a rear seat cowl with it, with Rossi's signature on it..Is this correct?

If anyone can shed any light on this, that would be great...

Here's my new toy:)

P2150667.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

I have just bought an 05 R46, that my friend has owned since new..and i love it. The bike has just gone into my local Yamaha dealer for a full service, and they mentioned that it should have a rear seat cowl with it, with Rossi's signature on it..Is this correct?

P2150667.jpg

I was under the impression that the signature was on the yellow part of the tank only.

http://www.campusanuncios.com/picanuncio/v...-1589459802.jpg

Hi all,

P2150667.jpg

Hi there and welcome to the owners club.

At the place i work we have recently had two of these gone through our shop and neither of them have had the mentioned seat cowl!

I will how ever make a phone call for you about that on monday.

The autographed seat cowl was a £400 optional extra :blink:

Hi all,

P2150667.jpg

Hello mate,

I owned one of these too - mine was from new and never had a cowl, just the normal seat. Sounds like the dealer may have a cowl that may just fit in stock!!!

Enjoy the bike, I recall it was great fun, extending to a magnet for the old bill which is why I sold mine :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi R46Paul,

I got mine brand new in April 2007 so it came on an 07 plate from a dealer in Redcar.

I see yours has the Termignoni Exhaust fitted, I haven't got round to fitting mine yet (The bike comes fitted with a brushed finished standard can and the Termignoni in a box). The seat cowl isn't part of the package; however your local Yamaha dealer should be able to order you one, the details are: -

Extreme Yellow / Midnight Black (RYC1/SMX) Part Number 5SL-W0771-60-00 Price £142.99

It isn't autographed though and I've never actually seen an autographed one.

Could I ask you a big favour, one of the reasons that I've never got round to fitting the Termignoni Exhaust is that the fitting instructions are pretty poor and you cannot see from the pictures how the strap fits to the pillion footpeg hanger.

Could you take a couple of digital photos of yours and e-mail them to me please.

Many thanks and enjoy your R46.

John :D

DSCF0009.jpg

Hi R46Paul,

I got mine brand new in April 2007 so it came on an 07 plate from a dealer in Redcar.

I see yours has the Termignoni Exhaust fitted, I haven't got round to fitting mine yet (The bike comes fitted with a brushed finished standard can and the Termignoni in a box). The seat cowl isn't part of the package; however your local Yamaha dealer should be able to order you one, the details are: -

Extreme Yellow / Midnight Black (RYC1/SMX) Part Number 5SL-W0771-60-00 Price £142.99

It isn't autographed though and I've never actually seen an autographed one.

Could I ask you a big favour, one of the reasons that I've never got round to fitting the Termignoni Exhaust is that the fitting instructions are pretty poor and you cannot see from the pictures how the strap fits to the pillion footpeg hanger.

Could you take a couple of digital photos of yours and e-mail them to me please.

Many thanks and enjoy your R46.

John :D

DSCF0009.jpg

I will take some pics of how the silencer is fitted to the rear hanger as soon as i dig out my camera..il il try and get it done within the next couple of days for you. Thanks for the info on the seat cowl!

I will take some pics of how the silencer is fitted to the rear hanger as soon as i dig out my camera..il il try and get it done within the next couple of days for you. Thanks for the info on the seat cowl!

Thanks very much for that Paul, I've been out on mine this weekend; they are great fun. No worries about the seat cowl info, I also purchased the R46 Paddock Stand as it comes with the bobbins as part of the kit.

If you get the seat cowl and you have an alarm fitted dont forget to check if your alarm has a switch on the pillion seat as mine has; I had to get an additional contact to fit on the seat cowl. :)

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

also new here as had a 07 R46 for 2 weeks now.

Enquired this weekend at george whites in swindon about a rear seat cowl and they are 145 pounds from yamaha.

part number 5sL W077160000

Hope this helps!

I am currently looking for one cheaper than that as price is quite high compared with single coloured ones!

Dave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online