Why most people don't like bikes?

JohnR6
This post is 7225 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Was talking to my colleague at work who's interested in doing his CBT and I said that we can attend the same training school some time next month when I go for my DAS. As we were quietly chatting away, a few of my other colleagues rudely butted in and started to put us totally off bikes and lecturing us like we were stupid kids! They were saying that bikes are dangerous as cars can easily knock bikers over (This is true, but can't put us off bikes because there's W&NKER drivers around) and they said they can't see us riding a bike for more than 3 weeks!! (How insulting!!! :evil: ) What the hell wrong with them! They kept putting doubts in our heads saying how would you know you would like riding a motorbike and stuff! :evil:

I ride mountain bikes all the time (on and off road) and riden a moped before, and just that itselfis enough to make me decide that I want to get a proper bike. Ever since I was 12, I've always been into bikes, when I became 17, I told my parents that I want to get a 125cc motorbike.....they bolloxed me saying it's dangerous etc etc etc.......and so I've never thought about getting a bike since that day. Now that I live with my girlfriend away from home, I've decided to go for it and get a bike. I want to go and get my license and get my bike ASAP as I don't want to be 10 years down the line and think "I wish I had done my bike test 10 years ago" and regreting it. I love these machines man. :D

So why do you think people like my colleague keep telling use not to get a bike? :? :evil:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were saying that bikes are dangerous

They're right John....you're a Dead Man Walking. :lol:

I've been riding since 71, not hit the deck on the road since 78, never totalled a bike, never made an insurance claim, and apart from a few minor cuts and bruises I've never been injured.

When I point out these facts to dipshits (both bikers and non-bikers)....they all say the same stupid thing.....You've been LUCKY......and your LUCK will run out soon! :roll:

They just can't seem to grasp the fact that nothing that I do on a motorcycle is down to luck. Maybe luck plays a part in their world.....but it doesn't in mine. 8)

I'm no great rider, but I have sufficient intelligence and common sense to know my limits, and the limits of the machine I'm riding. Then I ensure that I ride well within the limits of both.

yeah dont let anyone put you off mate, just take it easy, know your limits and take time to learn and you'll be fine. it's aaaaalllllll goooooood 8) :D

We see those types over here all the time too, John :roll:

Most of 'em are afraid of their own shadows.......have NO clue what they're missing! :wink:

Alot of 'em are too busy Jaw-Jacking on their mobile phones! :evil:

Pay NO attention to those W@NKERS that think they know what they're talking about! :roll:

Just Remember this.........there's NO FEELIN' LIKE 2-WHEELIN' :tu

Thanks for the encouragement guys.......nothing is going to stop me! :D It's all about me and not what other people do or think........

I will do my theory next Saturday, then do the DAS and get my bike! :lol:

Like Scott said ,they're a bunch of assholes that are afraid of their own shadows.Probly don't have the balls to go get their licence,an would be scared papless of anything faster than a bloody milk float :lol:

• Admin

Sounds more like that they are scared of a bike rather than worried about your safety mate :roll:

They are all just pussy's (infact thats a usefull thing, there not!!!) tell them to shut the fuck up!!!, and try/do it before opening that hole in the faces and wiping it with bog (toilet) roll.

if u ask me. they are right, bikes are bloody dangerous even sometimes when they are used properly u can still end up dead. but its a risk worth taking my eyes, i love it! :D

It's no more dangerous than sticking your face in a fan, or having your nuts chewed off by a Laplander dibey. :lol:

• Admin

Everything has risks associated with it, but like pete says as long as you dont try to ride beyond your limits (dont think anyone can ride beyond the bikes limit) and imagine every fecking tin box junkie is out to run you down will be ok

It's no more dangerous than sticking your face in a fan, or having your nuts chewed off by a Laplander dibey. :lol:

can you 'fall off' a car...? bikes are obviosly more dangeous otherwise the government wouldnt make us wear at least a helmet then have to put all the leathers and safty jackets on etc

How are bikes more dangerous than a car?

You don't walk round a bike dealership and get mutilated by the machines on display. :lol:

Or if you're in a Honda dealers you don't get assraped by a gang of rampant Deauvilles! :lol:

Bikes only become dangerous when a rider makes them so.

In fact, the Police consider their safest vehicles to be bikes....cos they have the manoevrability and flexibility to get out of situations that a car can't.

Bikes only become dangerous when a rider makes them so.

Thats exactly what my dad said years ago!, if he said "you get a bike and a car sitting at the side of the road with no one in it/on it there fine, It's only the driver/rider when they get on that it become's a road going deathtrap"

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online