my new ZX6r...

pilninggas
This post is 5510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

....is nor more!

i went out all afternoon sunday: Abergavenny, Talgarth, Builth Wells, Llandindrod, Newtown. Coming back i was riding through Hereford. Pulled away from a set of lights, a car decided to do a right turn straight in front of me. i wind up in Hereford County Hospital all evening, badly bruised - specially the family jewels went over the back of the car-with a somersualt. the bike has been recovered to 'who knows' and the last i saw of it, it looked very poorly. i think it is a write off, only 700 miles too!

oh well, onwards and upwards! :rolleyes:

wont be sleeping much tonight tho! :angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OUCH!!! But on the + side your ok... few bruises...sore nuts...but surely an insurance pay out...you should buy an R6 to accompany the FZ...but i am a bit biased :D

Glad you are ok though seriously.. a fellow i know in bristol who draws/drew my tattoos for me has just been killed in a similar sort of thing...(lowrider)...through rather than over unfortunately.

stupid/blind car drivers have a lot to answer for sometimes :angry::angry:

Easy!!

sy

what a total shame sorry to hear that mate hope ur ok and the bike is..so whos fault was it? get well soon let us no how you get on

looks like its his fault, he tried to so the right turn as soon as the lights changed, straight into my path coming in the opposite direction, his first words were 'sorry mate that was my fault'.

OUCH!!! But on the + side your ok... few bruises...sore nuts...but surely an insurance pay out...you should buy an R6 to accompany the FZ...but i am a bit biased :D

Glad you are ok though seriously.. a fellow i know in bristol who draws/drew my tattoos for me has just been killed in a similar sort of thing...(lowrider)...through rather than over unfortunately.

stupid/blind car drivers have a lot to answer for sometimes :angry::angry:

Easy!!

sy

Dave Ayres was very well known in the city. A big personality in the chop/custom community. Terrible shame. and thats the thing i will be fine, he lost his life.

Total bummer! At least your not seriously hurt but GEEZ...that was a beaut of a bike n all...whats wrong with people???? :rant: bloody cage drivers....

More call for Bike Awareness Courses for these total morons!!!

At least you're alive and walking (if a little AKA John Wayne!) - always a good accident if you walk away IMO.

On the same or similar theme, yesterday up at Alston (Hartside Cafe anyone?) we had our first biker Airlifted to Hospital, don't know the details but take care out there guys, especially if you've had the bike laid up over the cold snap. The sun might well be shining, and the roads look dry, but there is a whole heap of salt still down the middle of the lanes and it's as slippy as hell. I was out on Saturday, did a 300 miler and there were a few occasions where the front slipped a bit, or the rear spun out. I'm on a XT660Z, which handles these conditions pretty well, and with a around 50Hp it's very well behaved on slippy stuff. It's still very dangerous on road tyres and a powerfull bike.

Take care out there

I know its painful i had a guy pull right in front of me, luckily i dismounted before the bike hit the car which proptly set on fire (gulp!)

broke arm in 2 places and a cracked spine L3 and the lesson I learnt was even if you are in the right you still get punished by being injured!!

that's enough of me, hope you are ok mate! the police should be able to tell you where the bike is! Get it back asap as you are totting up parking charges, the greedy bastards it cost me £300.

I know its painful i had a guy pull right in front of me, luckily i dismounted before the bike hit the car which proptly set on fire (gulp!)

broke arm in 2 places and a cracked spine L3 and the lesson I learnt was even if you are in the right you still get punished by being injured!!

that's enough of me, hope you are ok mate! the police should be able to tell you where the bike is! Get it back asap as you are totting up parking charges, the greedy bastards it cost me £300.

insurance company is 'uplifting' it at the mo.

insurance company is 'uplifting' it at the mo.

just had a horrible thought, it wasn't Handai driving the car was it?

just been phoned by '4th dimension motorcycles' who are appointed repairers for Highways (the underwriter). Asking me where the bike was. i told them i didnt know and gave them the name of the recovery firm the police said would be taking it away.

soes anyone know anything about this firm? i cant get a lot of info from google about them.

edit: just found em:

You are under no obligation to use these guys, I would insist that the bike is taken to my own trusted dealer for assesment.

Have you considered someone like Accident Exchange ? There are many out there who's business is no-fault accidents, I used Accident Exchange when some nupty run up the back of my Landy, basicaly they take on the risk, provide you with a loan vehicle authorise repairs and bill the other parties insurance directly, no need to use your own insurnace company. Did you know even though it is not your fault, statistically you are more likely to be involved in another accident in the next three years, your insurance company knows this and your premiums will reflect this...... Not sure if Accident Exchange do bikes but they do take away all the hassle - I got myself a spanking new Disco 3 HSE for two weeks while mine was repaired !

Helphire Bike Assist will get you a loan bike and replace your lid & Leathers for a £10 premium, even after the accident! I've never used them, but there's no harm in a phone call - 0500 33 55 66

because i do not have any other witnesses, i am not pushing too much at the moment. A mate of mine a few years ago had a non-fault accident and the insurers could not prove the other parties negligence. He got hit with the cost of a hire car for 2 weeks (the help-hire style company had this written in the small print), because it went 50/50. I dont wanna take a chance on being out of pocket.

confirmed today the bike is a write-off with only 700miles :o

but the other party has admitted full responsibility so :D

....is nor more!

i went out all afternoon sunday: Abergavenny, Talgarth, Builth Wells, Llandindrod, Newtown. Coming back i was riding through Hereford. Pulled away from a set of lights, a car decided to do a right turn straight in front of me. i wind up in Hereford County Hospital all evening, badly bruised - specially the family jewels went over the back of the car-with a somersualt. the bike has been recovered to 'who knows' and the last i saw of it, it looked very poorly. i think it is a write off, only 700 miles too!

oh well, onwards and upwards! :rolleyes:

wont be sleeping much tonight tho! :angry:

think i know how u fill there dont b to down over it u r here to tell the tale im going back 2 work been off 24dec same thing happened did 6k on my new 08 xjr rite off. hope u r back up and ridding a lot sooner good luck

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online