tyres

It's In the blood
This post is 5509 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all .

Just been to the local garage and they have recomended bridgestone BT-002 tires for my R6 .Just wondered if anyone is using them and what do you think if so .

Cheers

bridgestones are, and i quote an ex work mate here, DE BOMB! he used to use theBT-002's on his lucky strike Gixxer 600.

apparently they give very god feedback on the road and are good in all weather.

Hope this helps, sorry it's not personal experience, but it's a review none the less :)

Tom

bridgestones are, and i quote an ex work mate here, DE BOMB! he used to use theBT-002's on his lucky strike Gixxer 600.

apparently they give very god feedback on the road and are good in all weather.

Hope this helps, sorry it's not personal experience, but it's a review none the less :)

Tom

Hi Tom

Cheers for the input .1st time getting tyres for it hence the question .If they are good enough on your mates 600 I'm sure they will be ok on my R6 .

Cheers

Paul

I'm a plete novice, I saw a post on here that said Bridgestone BT 35s would be good on my 600Divvy, I only got the bike in Dec after passing test in Oct, anyway, my Divvy has Bridgestone BT 45s on, what does the number mean? :mellow:

the numbers on the bridgestones are just the model number, if you look through the bridgestone selection, there's a ton of different tread patterns and compounds etc

i was going to use BT090's on my supermoto, but apparently they suit a more sporty bike than something with such a high centre of gravity.

'It's in the blood' . . . just a quick note, i'm not sure how soft the BT-002's are, but they're meant to stick like shit to bunny fur.

Tom

the numbers on the bridgestones are just the model number, if you look through the bridgestone selection, there's a ton of different tread patterns and compounds etc

i was going to use BT090's on my supermoto, but apparently they suit a more sporty bike than something with such a high centre of gravity.

'It's in the blood' . . . just a quick note, i'm not sure how soft the BT-002's are, but they're meant to stick like shit to bunny fur.

Tom

Cheers Tom ,they sound just the job .Only way to know I suppose is too try them ,time to book in bike ,ouch :o .

Cheers

STOP, DON'T DO IT.

I've had a few bikes in my time and have put many miles on various tyres, Bridgestone were always my favourite until I switched to the Michelin Pilot Road 2 tyres, these are 2ct tyres and will outperform and outlast most other tyres, wet or dry.

Tyres are a very subjective subject and all the manufacturers produce brilliant tyres, 99% of the time tyres will be much more capable than the rider, ( are you riding in the supersport series ? ).

If you've got a good deal on a particular brand then go for it, I could recommend Continental and they come cheaper than most. I expect you've already made your decision and just want people to say the tyres you've picked are great ? You probably like the look of the tread pattern as much as anything else !!!

The main thing is to have them fitted properly with a new valve and get the wheel balanced. All new tyres will feel great when compared to the ones you've just taken off, but just before you buy check out the Michelin's, the reviews are good and they suit Yamaha's well.

Hi matey ran my R6 on bridgstones and virtually every other bike i've owned has had em on also....fantastic tyres good in the wet with excellent levels of grip and good feedback when going a bit quicker but superb in the dry. I run my 1000 exup on bridgstones ....i cant find fault with em other than the softer compounds wear a bit quicker :lol:

Hi matey ran my R6 on bridgstones and virtually every other bike i've owned has had em on also....fantastic tyres good in the wet with excellent levels of grip and good feedback when going a bit quicker but superb in the dry. I run my 1000 exup on bridgstones ....i cant find fault with em other than the softer compounds wear a bit quicker :lol:

Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback .Just booked the bike in for the tyres .I don't do a big millage on my bike so wear is not really a concern .The garage informed me that it's now 021 tyres as the 020 has been superceded .I think the deal i'm getting is reasonable as it's a ride in and ride out price .Now can we have more weather like the weekend ,cracking days up here .

I use the Bridgstone 021s on the Fazer 1000 and have found them a good tyre in the wet and the dry, tyre life is OK at about 6000 miles for the rear and 8000 for the front, bout the only downside is that they seem to square off if you do a lot of motorway miles, more so than the old BT020s, i think I will be trying the Dunlop Road Smart next, these seem to have had a good wright up in the M/C press.

Bridgstones recomended fitment for the 2005/06/07 R6 are,,, BT014s,,, BT016,,,BT021s and BT002s (street racing) if you have the pre 05,then they dont recomend the BT002 and if you have the 08 model then the only fitment is the BT016 or BT016F

I use the Bridgstone 021s on the Fazer 1000 and have found them a good tyre in the wet and the dry, tyre life is OK at about 6000 miles for the rear and 8000 for the front, bout the only downside is that they seem to square off if you do a lot of motorway miles, more so than the old BT020s, i think I will be trying the Dunlop Road Smart next, these seem to have had a good wright up in the M/C press.

Bridgstones recomended fitment for the 2005/06/07 R6 are,,, BT014s,,, BT016,,,BT021s and BT002s (street racing) if you have the pre 05,then they dont recomend the BT002 and if you have the 08 model then the only fitment is the BT016 or BT016F

Cheers for the comments Steve .It's an 02 R6 and it's going in tomorrow morning for the 021 tyres .Just hope the weather is better than today ,pissing rain up here all night .

Hi

I know you've already got it booked in but i put some conti attacks on my R6 last week and they're brilliant. Must prefer them to the standard dunlops!!

Hi mate ,well there on the bike so time will tell .That many brands around these days it's hard to choose .

Cheers all for your thoughts and input .