Alpine-Star Ditched it !

Alex
This post is 7232 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

Ooouch just read alexs post on another forum :shock: Poor boy thats what happens when your a traitor and buy a suzooki :wink:

Oh shit, I ditched it

« on: May 16th, 2004, 8:21pm 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where do I start      I've had my 600S for one month and yesterday I went for a ride with my mate like I do two or three times a week and I crashed my bike.  Going round a right hand bend at about 50-55mph and the back end went,  sending the bike skiding into a gravel lay-by, the back wheel hit a lump of mud and the bike high-sided me off  I was thrown backwards into a ditch.  As I crawel out of the ditch I could see my bike sitting there upside down and I just thought "the wife is going to kill me" 

The accident happened at around 18.30 and I was sent home from the local hospital just before 3am    after being poked, prodded and X-rayed.  The doctor said I was lucky not to have broken any thing and I'm lucky just to have a sore neck, shoulders, back and leg. 

The damage isn't to bad, fairing, screen, bent handle bars, broken clutch lever, mirror, small dents in the tank (from the handle bars) and the rear cowling.  No damage the engine covers (few scraches) or frame? Can't see any damage to the frame but things will come to light once the insure company take it away to be fixed. 

Does it look like it should be an easy fix, taking into account you can't see if there's any damage to the frame. 

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/AlxHiggins/image...uzuki_ditch.jpg 

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/AlxHiggins/image...zuki_ditch2.jpg 

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/AlxHiggins/image...zuki_ditch3.jpg 

Cheers 

A very sore Alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Glad he's OK though.

Course, being a Suzuki, it's always difficult to assess damage....cos they're pretty much fucked from day one! :lol:

Thinking about it though, I can remember something in the past about Bandit's hitting the deck and the bent foopegs ending up twisting the frames. Not a wind up....it's genuine.

• Admin

Yeah glad hes allright, bet he is well pissed though as he only just brought the bike :cry:

yep glad he's ok 8) i've heard the same thing about the pegs twisting the frame btw pete, bit rough that eh :shock: a fazer wouldnt do that :wink:

Sounds like SuSucky still hasn't fixed their weak frame practices after all these years :roll:

Boo

Hello every one, I'm still here. The bike is back on the road and I'm having fun again.

Sorry I haven't been around much but have bike, have fun :D Except when I'm falling off that is (shit) I've just been out and seen RDLy (keef) for a coffee and a chat. I'll try be around a bit more but with all this nice weather it may not be alot, when winter comes along again and it's cold and bloody wet I'll be about a bit more.

Cheers

Alex :( EX-Moderator

P.S well done to Beezkneez for becoming a Moderator z_thumb.gif

Herman was at my place tonight. Poor bike :shock: Alex has shed loads of weight and replaced it with massive braces cos his trousers keep falling down :lol: It's no wonder he flipped it cos being a parts bin special it couldn't cope with the awkward load :P

STOP PRESS He never ate any of my biscuits :roll:

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down :lol:

perhaps you need to gain a few pounds to keep the bike on the road :shock:

Plus

My bike should go faster now as I weigh less, COOOOOOL

Yeah, but don't forget that you're still riding a Suzook! :wink: :lol:

Seriously though Alex..........Good to see ya back around mate :wink:

P.S well done to Beezkneez for becoming a Moderator z_thumb.gif

Thanks Alex, take it easy mate and make sure those bruises heal properly.