just brought a yamaha rxs100

rsx yamaha
This post is 5535 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello i just brought a yamaha rxs 100

ive brought a new battery/ spark plug ignition coil/rectifier

now my hard part is the only wireing i have is from the engine its self ie i wanted to do a field bike as i have a other swing arm and its lowed at the rear and got a nobby rear tyre on

now my hard part is

what wire goes where to get a spark :)

i have 5 wire ie

1.black

2.red/green

3.blue

4.yellow

5.green

plus in the manual it says on the wires from the engine theres a code saying SB what does that mean?

does any one know how i could wire it up useing the new bits i got ie the bloke at the motor bike shop said i needed these bits but i dont need lights etc i just want to have a rocker switch so i can turn it of to cut the engine out etc if you know what i mean

hopefully some one can kindy share some light:)

cheers rob :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello i just brought a yamaha rxs 100

ive brought a new battery/ spark plug ignition coil/rectifier

now my hard part is the only wireing i have is from the engine its self ie i wanted to do a field bike as i have a other swing arm and its lowed at the rear and got a nobby rear tyre on

now my hard part is

what wire goes where to get a spark :)

i have 5 wire ie

1.black

2.red/green

3.blue

4.yellow

5.green

plus in the manual it says on the wires from the engine theres a code saying SB what does that mean?

does any one know how i could wire it up useing the new bits i got ie the bloke at the motor bike shop said i needed these bits but i dont need lights etc i just want to have a rocker switch so i can turn it of to cut the engine out etc if you know what i mean

hopefully some one can kindy share some light:)

cheers rob :)

1 Black= ignition

2 Red green= battery charge

3 blue = is this Sky blue (SB) if so its the neutral light

4 yellow= head tail lights

5 Green = not sure could this be sky blue ??

but just to confirm this is an RXS100 & not an RS100 ? the wiring seems to indicate RS100 and not RXS, the major differences between the 2 are electronic ignition (RXS) which would have had a white/red wire from the mag, energy induction (RXS) a tube between the carb & barrell (on the read block) leading to a plastic chamber.

if you have an RS100 the black is all you need to worry about ... run this to the kill switch then down to the coil. These bikes dont need a battery to run, so there will be no need to fit it along with the rectifier these 2 items are there to run the brake light, neutral light, horn etc

Regards Jim

1 Black= ignition

2 Red green= battery charge

3 blue = is this Sky blue (SB) if so its the neutral light

4 yellow= head tail lights

5 Green = not sure could this be sky blue ??

but just to confirm this is an RXS100 & not an RS100 ? the wiring seems to indicate RS100 and not RXS, the major differences between the 2 are electronic ignition (RXS) which would have had a white/red wire from the mag, energy induction (RXS) a tube between the carb & barrell (on the read block) leading to a plastic chamber.

if you have an RS100 the black is all you need to worry about ... run this to the kill switch then down to the coil. These bikes dont need a battery to run, so there will be no need to fit it along with the rectifier these 2 items are there to run the brake light, neutral light, horn etc

Regards Jim

mines defo got the sky blue so is this a rxs100 or rs100 i know when i got it it had a rusty coil with a black wire going to coil but with a cut in the black wire with a rocker swtich on

mines defo got the sky blue so is this a rxs100 or rs100 i know when i got it it had a rusty coil with a black wire going to coil but with a cut in the black wire with a rocker swtich on

Hi There,

RS & RXS use a sky blue wire for the nuetral light my guess you have an RS100 as you dont seam to have a cdi unit but if you post the first three digits of the frame number, e.g 3L1, this can be confirmed

Regards Jim

Hi There,

RS & RXS use a sky blue wire for the nuetral light my guess you have an RS100 as you dont seam to have a cdi unit but if you post the first three digits of the frame number, e.g 3L1, this can be confirmed

Regards Jim

heres a engine code pic

and the bike pic i said which is not a standed yamaha rxs /rx 100 bike!

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

heres a engine code pic

and the bike pic i said which is not a standed yamaha rxs /rx 100 bike!

DSC00133.jpg

Hi There,

1Y8 is the modal code for the RS100 the RXS100 code was 31J, but from your photo's it would appear to made up of bits from an RS and and RXS. So all you need to do is run the black wire from the engine to the switch then on to the coil, As this bike doesn't need a battery to run and looking at the photo where are you going to put it :) The only draw back from this is that lighting/charge coil may go O/S but as you have no need for lights or battery charge it will make no odds

Regards Jim

Hi There,

1Y8 is the modal code for the RS100 the RXS100 code was 31J, but from your photo's it would appear to made up of bits from an RS and and RXS. So all you need to do is run the black wire from the engine to the switch then on to the coil, As this bike doesn't need a battery to run and looking at the photo where are you going to put it :) The only draw back from this is that lighting/charge coil may go O/S but as you have no need for lights or battery charge it will make no odds

Regards Jim

ive done that what you said but i cant get no spark :(

is there points in the engine to sort out? if so what gap does it need to make them work

ive done that what you said but i cant get no spark :(

is there points in the engine to sort out? if so what gap does it need to make them work

Yes there are points in the mag, the correct way to set them is to turn the piston back from top dead centre (piston at the top of the bore) 1.8mm at which point the points should just open they are not gapped,as such, to a figure

Regards Jim

hi there no not yet due to other owner before me has welded the gear peg ie got to clean the metal pole so i can take the side cover of :rolleyes:

that's a bugger rob had same problem with kick start on one of mine, luckily he just welded the end so it was a case of just grinding the end off then gently easing it with a chisel in the split, i tapered the end of the shaft with grinder before fitting new lever.

hope you sort it glen

hi there no not yet due to other owner before me has welded the gear peg ie got to clean the metal pole so i can take the side cover of :rolleyes:

Hi

you dont need to remove the gear change pedal to set the ignition timing ...... just remove the smaller case/cover to give access to the mag and set it as I said in prvious posts. You need to check that your on/off switch is working so wire the black from the mag directly to the coil .. if it sparks the switch is at fault (or the earth to the switch) either way you can sort that one out. If you still have no spark you will have timing problems or perhaps the heel of the c/b points has broken off ... which was something that happened to the RS motor when someone dogged a screwdriver into the mag and adjusted the C/B points in an incorrect way

Regards Jim

Hi

you dont need to remove the gear change pedal to set the ignition timing ...... just remove the smaller case/cover to give access to the mag and set it as I said in prvious posts. You need to check that your on/off switch is working so wire the black from the mag directly to the coil .. if it sparks the switch is at fault (or the earth to the switch) either way you can sort that one out. If you still have no spark you will have timing problems or perhaps the heel of the c/b points has broken off ... which was something that happened to the RS motor when someone dogged a screwdriver into the mag and adjusted the C/B points in an incorrect way

Regards Jim

hi i gladly got the side cover of and i think my points are weared out the bottom point is flat comper to the top point

+ it was sparking where the points are so is it worth it geting some new points and the bottom round bit at bottom to ie looks like a battery as it says in manual if this sparks here replace points and this metal round but in side the casing ie its under the points

hi i gladly got the side cover of and i think my points are weared out the bottom point is flat comper to the top point

+ it was sparking where the points are so is it worth it geting some new points and the bottom round bit at bottom to ie looks like a battery as it says in manual if this sparks here replace points and this metal round but in side the casing ie its under the points

Hi,

That is the condensor, which can be tested, take it to the shop & get them to test it for you when you get the points and if u/s your in the right place to get one

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online