xs400 flat tracker project

drewpy
This post is 2777 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Looking good Drewps, cheng shit tyres though :( :( i thought K82,s where a cheap option , I like to run BT45,s or Metzler Lasertecs

Merv

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looking good Drewps, cheng shit tyres though :( :( i thought K82,s where a cheap option , I like to run BT45,s or Metzler Lasertecs

Merv

It's supposed to be a budget build :blink:

k series bit pricy for the use it will get.

• 3 years later...

got this from SK art at Rivvy barn the other week.

good picky

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This is going to be a back burner project as this has never been done before on an XS400. I've decided to try another approach to fitting the charger and this seems to fit (just)

WP_20160719_001.jpg
WP_20160719_002.jpg

WP_20160719_003.jpg

I may get away with a 90mm pulley system which will make the crank fitment a little easier. It will aslo facillitate the jockey wheel and leave enough space for the belt to be pinched. the fuel will enter the top aprt and exit from the bottom Mount/ manifold. not sure whether to have 2 out lets either side (which looks good)or go for a single side to plennum chamber
  • Like 2

Bloody ell "  where d"you get the idea from ,,,looks like an engineering challenge,, :huh:

10 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Bloody ell "  where d"you get the idea from ,,,looks like an engineering challenge,, :huh:

always wanted a supercharged bike, now's my chance :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

well things may be moving on a lot faster. Bumped into a guy at rivvy who was riding a supercharged Kwacker.

his bro did all the engineering and he has texted me his number last night. He only lives in Warrington too, result :thumb:

• Like 3