Bike in MCN

Alex
This post is 7231 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

Aghhh nooooooooooo just put the advert in MCN, cost me £40!!! for one week. They are a scam the prices from £24 for a photo add is for 12 words, and out of that you have to have the make and model, and your phone number so you get a lot of words not :evil:

Anyway posted a link to www.yamahaclub.com/yzf which links back to the forum, so hopefully if i dont sell my bike at least there will be a few more members 8)

The annoying thing is the add doesnt go in this week, goes in on the 16th which means i have EXACTLY 2 weeks to sell the bike :shock:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I always find AdTrader the best option TBH...and it's free.

Sold the DT yesterday, but that was due to an ad I put on another forum.

The guy came all the way from Southampton to get it too, and took it home in his people carrrier! :shock:

• Admin

Cool will stick a link there, and advertise on every forum i can find, SPAMMER :shock: hehehe :wink:

• Admin

Well just got this stupid email, have emailed him back but i bet its a scam :shock:

Hello,

I saw your ads posted for the sale of your (YAMAHA YZF-750-R ) which i would like to make purchase for so

kindly send  me your selling price if negotiable  and  details so i can know your act of

sale .

thanks.

As the fecking price is on the bloody advert :evil:

• Admin

Oh yes i got another one, this one is slightly better english though :lol:

Dear Seller,

I 'm interested in purchasing your advertised YAMAHA YZF-750-R and i will like to know the last price, if is okay by me. if I can pay with a cheque drawn in an Uk Bank. If this is okay with you do get back to me immediately for me to arrange the payment. Concerning the shippment, my shipper will come and pick it up from your location as soon as we seathis transaction. Do get back to me immediately with your Full Name, Contact Address and Phone Number for me to instruct my client to make the payment ASAP. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards, 

Peter Comb 

NB:- My e-mail Address([email protected]), i will be looking forward to hear from you soon.Do attach the picture if available. 

Thanks.

And i have actually emailed him back with my address and i am going to mess him about cronic hahahaha you little foreign fooker :evil:

I gave him the name Iver Stiffy hahahahahha :lol:

• Admin

THis is going to be soooooooooooooooooo funny :lol: As long as i dont meet up with them on my travels :shock:

DEAR ALEX,

thanks for your prompt respond and the details,i am okay with the price(2750pounds) ,I live in SASKATCHEWE(CANADA),Concerning payment,i have instructed my associate who is owing me 5000pounds and who is ready to pay me ,to issue a cheque in your name immediately,as he has promise you will receive the cheque latest next week . Concerning shipping ,i have a reputable shipping company that handles all my oversea shipment,so you don't have to worry about that ,but i will want you to bear in mind that the excess of the amount on the cheque  be made payable  after deducting the amount of  the YAMAHA to my shipper as shipping cost via  western union money  transfer,as they will come for the pick up of the YAMAHA from your location., i await your urgent reponse on this transaction.

PETER.

code-d <[email protected]> wrote:

Oh yes thankyou,

Please send payment to the following as its a friends bike

Iver Stify

blah blah

blah blah

Hope you love the bike 

Alex

• Admin

havent tried, its

[email protected]

Ah just realised after copy and pasting it, its a yahoo address, have been reading this site for wind up advice

http://www.419eater.com/html/baiting.htm

I am going get him bad :twisted:

Found this;

Please be aware that scams have become widespread in classified related sites targeting the buyers and sellers. Often this involves buyers from the USA, England, Africa, Holland and other countries... 

These scam artists prey on their victims by making offers that sellers just can't refuse. They offer to purchase items at a price well over what the seller is asking for. A fake money order or fake cashier's check that looks like it is being drawn from a reputable company such as an airline or credit card company is sent as payment for the items. This check is usually 2-5 thousand dollars more than what the seller is asking. You end up cashing the check and then scammer usually asks you to send the overpayment to another person that they owe money to for some other reason, or to refund the money back to them once the total price for the item is calculated. 

The seller ends up sending the overpayment amount to another individual or back to the buyer before the seller will realize that they have been defrauded. The bank will now withdraw the amount of the bad check or money order from the seller’s bank account when it is returned unpaid. So, not only will the merchandise sold be lost, the funds sent to the buyer will also be taken from your pocket! 

These scam artists apparently send out thousands of these solicitations in hopes of connecting with a less internet savvy individual. Often the letters are written in broken english, containing misspelled words that are not appropriate for the ad they are responding to. They most often offer far more for the item than the stated price. 

Also note that several people have reported to us that they have come across some classified ads of individuals selling items at a price which is just too good to be true! In almost all cases these types of ads will be a scam! The best protection is to use common sense, if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is! 

Any complaints of suspected scam attacks can be made to: 

US Federal Trade Commission Consumer Complaint Form: 

https://rn.ftc.gov/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01 

In Canada contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police: 

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams/scams.htm 

• Admin

This is what i just emailed him :lol:

hello peter, i have given the details to my church friend who is selling the bike

it was nice to speak to you

alex

Father Iver Stiffy

Financial Development

London SW

Dear Peter Comb,

My thanks for your very interesting email below. I would dearly love to help you purchase my motorcycle however my ministry forbids me from entering any business deal with partners who are not part of our faith. I am sorry but there is nothing more I can do for you.

If you ever decide to join our faith then of course I could help you both with my experience and financial support.

I wish you well in your endeavour my brother.

Blessings,

Father Iver Stiffy

Financial Development - Holy Church of The Order of The Red Breast.

----- Original Message -----

DEAR ALEX,

thanks for your prompt respond and the details,i am okay with the price(2750pounds) ,I live in SASKATCHEWE(CANADA),Concerning payment,i have instructed my associate who is owing me 5000pounds and who is ready to pay me ,to issue a cheque in your name immediately,as he has promise you will receive the cheque latest next week . Concerning shipping ,i have a reputable shipping company that handles all my oversea shipment,so you don't have to worry about that ,but i will want you to bear in mind that the excess of the amount on the cheque be made payable after deducting the amount of the YAMAHA to my shipper as shipping cost via western union money transfer,as they will come for the pick up of the YAMAHA from your location., i await your urgent reponse on this transaction.

PETER.

• Admin

Fucking hell this is just too funny cant believe he has fallen for it :lol::lol::lol:

DEAR FATHER IVER STIFFY,

MAY THE PEACE OF THE LORD BE WITH YOU,THANKS FOR YOUR RESPOND,HOW SHOULD I START TO INTRODUCE MYSELF TO YOU ,I AM A MAN OF 40YEARS OLD,A SCHOOL TEACHER,A CHURCH GOER I WILL ADMIT,I LOST MY WIFE TO A BREAST CANCER NINE MONTHS AGO,BUT I HAVE A SON WHO IS 18 YRS,AND WHO IS A FRESH MAN IN THE COLLEGE,AND BESIDES I AM BUYING THIS BIKE FOR MY SON,WHO INSISTED I GET SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR HIM,I WILL BE HAPPY IF WE CAN AGREE ON A COMPROMISE,

I WILL HAVE LOVE TO MOVE CLOSER TO YOUR CHURCH BUT HOW AND WHERE?I WILL ALSO BE MUCH HAPPIER IF YOU CAN LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN BE A MEMEBER OF YOUR CONGREGATION AND HOW YOU CAN BE OF HELP TO ME AND MY SON.AND LIKE I STATED IN MY LAST E MAIL,I RESIDES IN CANADA WITH MY SON,I WILL LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR RESPOND SOON FATHER IVER.

KIND REGARDS.

PETER COMB

• Admin

I love the way he goes on about his wife dying, and his son etc :lol::lol::lol:

you're just jealous :wink: us rd riders are and will always be the coolest 8) mullets an bloody all :twisted: :lol:

I was riding RD's years before you were born Alan!  8) 

Been there, done that, got the broken nose!  :lol:

yeah an i'll be riding rd's years after you're away old boy :twisted: :lol::lol: on a serious note, have you owned an rd400 pete?

I was shagging sheep years before you were born Alan!  8) 

Been there, done that, got the broken toes!  :lol:

this is what you meant to say :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online