1978 Yamaha DT175 aftermarket exhaust?

78dt175
This post is 1362 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all first time posting here and as you will find out im just crossing over into the world of dirtbikes. i have an old 78' yamaha dt175, its in pretty good original shape, and is surprisingly fun to ride even being 30 years old. im looking for an aftermarket exhaust system (preferably something nice looking as well as beneficial) but cant seem to find anything for these models. does anyone know if such pipes are in existance and if so where can i get one? are there any other model's yamaha has made that would share the same pipe? also i was thnking about replacing the original mikuni carb with something that will flow a little beter than stock, being as its time for the old one to come off for a re-build anyways. any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you are in the UK eBay has a good selection from secondhand to new "BIG ONE" exhausts are available for the DT175. If it's a 1978 I presume it's a DT175MX model in which case most parts from the DT125MX will fit.

Not sure about changing the carb or what benefits this would have, I'm guessing the original was sized correctly for the bike when designed so it's going to be pretty hard to match it with something else.

I would suggest a good de-coke new plug and a carb clean should set you up.

If you are in the UK eBay has a good selection from secondhand to new "BIG ONE" exhausts are available for the DT175. If it's a 1978 I presume it's a DT175MX model in which case most parts from the DT125MX will fit.

Not sure about changing the carb or what benefits this would have, I'm guessing the original was sized correctly for the bike when designed so it's going to be pretty hard to match it with something else.

I would suggest a good de-coke new plug and a carb clean should set you up.

Thanks! appreciate the info. im going to listen to you about the carb.

• 11 years later...
  • Cynic locked this topic

Hardly butting in, thread ended in 2009. Use the wanted area.

This post is 1362 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.