Tyres

Batifan19
This post is 5518 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya guys n gals...could I possibly pick your brains here for a moment?

My R6 is currently shod in Michelin Pilot Sports tyres..... backs wearing a tad low now so Im thinking of sorting replacements...whats your thoughts on these tyres? Dunno whether to stick to the same or whether you reckon something else is better. I dont commute on this bike, purely a fair weather biker on this :unsure:

Any thoughts / recommendations appreciated..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My R6 is currently shod in Michelin Pilot Sports tyres..... backs wearing a tad low now so Im thinking of sorting replacements...whats your thoughts on these tyres? Dunno whether to stick to the same or whether you reckon something else is better. I dont commute on this bike, purely a fair weather biker on this :unsure:

hi try bridgstones bt-016's on the r6 i used to run them on mine when i had it and even in the wet they were fantastic gave loads ov grip used bridgstones since then even stuck em on my rd500 ( i miss that bike so much ) running my thou exup on them as well and in the rain can almost get my knee down......Fantastic tyres

hi try bridgstones bt-016's on the r6 i used to run them on mine when i had it and even in the wet they were fantastic gave loads ov grip used bridgstones since then even stuck em on my rd500 ( i miss that bike so much ) running my thou exup on them as well and in the rain can almost get my knee down......Fantastic tyres

Yep Bridgestones all the way for me both on the XVS and the VFR ;)

Yeah heard good reports about these Bridgestones...a mate of mine runs a gixer on these. Ball ache is though...and without sounding too much like a complete t**t, my bikes got Michelin stickers on it so its either stick with Michelin tyres or change sticker configuration :unsure: Bit anal like that... :blink: ooo the dilemma... :wacko:

How do u post pics into these things? Everytime I hit 'Insert Image' it gives me a Script Prompt and its looking for a URL??

Yeah heard good reports about these Bridgestones...a mate of mine runs a gixer on these. Ball ache is though...and without sounding too much like a complete t**t, my bikes got Michelin stickers on it so its either stick with Michelin tyres or change sticker configuration :unsure: Bit anal like that... :blink: ooo the dilemma... :wacko:

How do u post pics into these things? Everytime I hit 'Insert Image' it gives me a Script Prompt and its looking for a URL??

goto "photobucket.com and set an account up put ur pics into the account then using the image code below each pic press ctrl and v on your keyboard to copy to computer then when back in the message you want to post it in2 press ctrl and v to insert in2 your message ....hope that helps?

Mybike.jpg

WooHoo!!!!! Cheers 4 that golfdub...

So as u can see then...the Michelin stickers (that was the whole point of the posting pic escapade LMAO) Phew!...

Mybike.jpg

WooHoo!!!!! Cheers 4 that golfdub...

So as u can see then...the Michelin stickers (that was the whole point of the posting pic escapade LMAO) Phew!...

Just get some nice new bridgestone decals for the fork legs....lol

here's my wee beastie...

[/DSC00011.jpg

glad i could help :lol:

Steve

Just get some nice new bridgestone decals for the fork legs....lol

here's my wee beastie...

[/DSC00011.jpg

glad i could help :lol:

Steve

Shiney B)

Deffo worth the change to Bridges' then eh? Ta 4 all your help :D

my bikes got Michelin stickers on it so its either stick with Michelin tyres or change sticker configuration :unsure: Bit anal like that... :blink:

Nothin' a Hair-Dryer can't take care of. ;)

I had to look closely for a moment before I saw your Michelin sticker down the bottom there. I bet you're going to be the only one who is aware of the discrepency between tyre choice and sticker if you do change. Why not leave the bike as it is, try the other rubber, then after 5000 miles or whenever the tyres are done you can choose whether to go back to Michelin or change your stickers?

Seems simple enough to me... but I am a bit simple :huh:

:)

Think im gonna stick to the Pilot Sport on the back for this time as the front is still ok, keep em the same n all that.

£95 fitted..and the guy is mobile...comes to my house n everyfink...does that sound ok folks?

The Bridges' were £100 fitted (016's...) so not much at all in it...

He also suggested Dunlops D208's..ive not had any experience with Dunlops, but dont seem to favour that idea... anyone else use those?

For an extra fiver i'd have gone for the Bridgestones.

I had Dunlops on the CBR when i first got it - didnt like them at all, the bike felt skittish and didnt seem to "stick" if you get my drift.

Think im gonna stick to the Pilot Sport on the back for this time as the front is still ok, keep em the same n all that.

£95 fitted..and the guy is mobile...comes to my house n everyfink...does that sound ok folks?

The Bridges' were £100 fitted (016's...)

He also suggested Dunlops D208's..ive not had any experience with Dunlops, but dont seem to favour that idea... anyone else use those?

when i got my r6 it was fitted with 208's and they were good tyres and they did last well but having had bridgstones on all the other bikes i had i fitted them when the 208's were knacker'd and that didn't take long but still a good tyre just felt more confidence in the bridgstones specially it the wet...everybody will prefer or be comfortable with a certain make / type of tyre why not ask around see if any ov the local guys have an r6 wi different tyres and see if you can have a go on there bike..?

Yep Bridgestones all the way for me both on the XVS and the VFR ;)

Really??!!

You ever tried Avon Venoms on the XVS?

Last for ages and very good in all weathers. I'm about to change the front after 16,000 miles. The rear is the same one I've had since I bought the thing and I still have 8mm to go before replacement!!

Really??!!

You ever tried Avon Venoms on the XVS?

Last for ages and very good in all weathers. I'm about to change the front after 16,000 miles. The rear is the same one I've had since I bought the thing and I still have 8mm to go before replacement!!

Cant say i have, but i discovered Bridgestones when i had the CBR and so far have never had any problems with them. I may try the Venoms on the 950 though because i have heard you get more miles from them?

The worst tyres i ever had were Firestone something-or-other

I say Bridgestone.

But everyone to their own.