He's home!

Goff
This post is 5475 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just been and picked up my new bike - fuck me it was freezing! Thed ealer is around 30 miles from me so had to ride Elvira there and my new one back lol.

The bike is gorgeous! Its light, responsive and more comfortable than anything i've ever ridden before. The seat felt quite hard on the ass when i first got on it, but after a mile or so it was REALLY comfy. I cant get over just how light the front end feels - the 650 felt like a ton weight at times, but i feel like i have so much more control over this one.

Looks wise - well IMO its a thing of beauty - Yamaha have completely revamped it, and it males the other bikes in the Star range look dated. The arse end is much more sleek an more pleasing on the eye - the 650 had this lump of a light with indicators attached - somehtign i never really liked, but this one is completely different. The front end is a litttle slimmer, but the pullback on the bars is more than the 650 thus giving for a less "stretched" ride.

The belt drive replaces the old shaft drive, making the bike lighter, and the frame is a matte black - complimenting the chrome beautifully.

The face was aching like fuck when i got home from the grin i had spread across it - i love this bike to death.

So here's a couple of piccies i ust took - folks, i give you Lucian - my XVS 950a :D

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT is a beast, bet you are dead chuffed, pity the weathers parky at the Moment.

now to chain, alarm, guard dog, laser detector the thing :lol:

THAT is a beast, bet you are dead chuffed, pity the weathers parky at the Moment.

now to chain, alarm, guard dog, laser detector the thing :lol:

Lol i have all of those bar the laser - but where i live isnt so bad at all - everyone knows we have bikes - we have even left them on the front path (in fact next door has his there atm - been ther forra month!) and no one touches them :D

Sweet, did you trade Elvira in?

Yes, yes i did :( She served me well - However its a small sacrifice to make for my new baby

I.

am.

SO.

Jealous!...

I'm drooling at the sight of it!!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back after trade-in?

I.

am.

SO.

Jealous!...

I'm drooling at the sight of it!!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back after trade-in?

Cost me £3200 after trade in :D

something to compliment the new bike @ home

http://www.cyclefaucets.com/

Those are class! :lol:

Congrats on the new purchase. So what was the temperature out there? I see bits of snow on the ground in the pics, so not very warm i guess. Im going to insure my bike soon, and will have to dress accordingly.

I think it was about 1 degree - but much colder with the wind lol

Nice one Goff, chuffed for ya !, bet Marv wont be best pleased about having to sleep with it tho :lol:

If i could get the bike in my house i would - but for now he is outside

nice one Goff, looks a cracker

2 new bikes within 2 months

wish i had your money :D

the pullback on the bars -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goff - its absolutly gorgeous , I like the ride position [ high bars] Simply the best lookn modern bike iv seen[personal taste] :D

nice one Goff, looks a cracker

2 new bikes within 2 months

wish i had your money :D

I dont have loads of money - im just very good with it ;)

the pullback on the bars -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goff - its absolutly gorgeous , I like the ride position [ high bars] Simply the best lookn modern bike iv seen[personal taste] :D

Thankyou - its REALLY comfy!

Blimey! Not bad at all...

Was only £6399 OTR anyway so its a great price - and i got a good price for Elvira. I know i would have got more on a private sale, but no ones buyin at the mo!

Stunning looking bike - congrats! Hope you've many happy rides together.

BTW - what does Goff stand for? Saw a seller on fleabay called Black Goff selling an old Fazer a few days ago which made me wonder the significance of the name (ie name of a rock star or something!)

That`s some bike, I`d be affraid to ride it though, Just in case it got dirty,

I`d just stand it on the drive and look at it,

When you getting a "Hack" To join the rest of us Siberians?

I`t can be lots of fun trying to dodge all the manhole cover`s,

Why do they put them in the middle of a bend? (near thing today),

Have lot`s of fun on "Lucian" , Great name, ( Underground?).

Stunning looking bike - congrats! Hope you've many happy rides together.

BTW - what does Goff stand for? Saw a seller on fleabay called Black Goff selling an old Fazer a few days ago which made me wonder the significance of the name (ie name of a rock star or something!)

Goff evolved from Goth lol. Been into the Goth scene more years than i care to remember, so all my mates called me Goth - it then went to Goff - cos they too bone idle to pronounce it properly :lol:

No one uses my real name except my folks :lol:

That`s some bike, I`d be affraid to ride it though, Just in case it got dirty,

I`d just stand it on the drive and look at it,

When you getting a "Hack" To join the rest of us Siberians?

I`t can be lots of fun trying to dodge all the manhole cover`s,

Why do they put them in the middle of a bend? (near thing today),

Have lot`s of fun on "Lucian" , Great name, ( Underground?).

Thankyou lol. I already have a Hack - a VFR400!

And yes the name came from Underworld - cos i watched it on Film 4 again the other night :lol:

Is that the bike that is outside or the old man? ;)

The bike is outside im afraid - Marv is my dog in case you were wondering :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online