He's home!

Goff
This post is 5502 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just been and picked up my new bike -

Congrats Goff, there's no feeling like getting a spanking new bike. I'm going to buy some shares in cleaning products - what do you use ( :lol: ).

Why do they put them in the middle of a bend? (near thing today),

It's a safety thing..... so the cars don't run over them and skid :movingeyes:

I picked up my XJR on Friday, jeasus it's got some UuummmmpppphhhhHHHH,, put 20 or 30 miles on it and then spent 3 hours cleaning the thing yesterday! It's going in the garage until the salt has gone, I'll have to stick to the XTZ or the TTR for now

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Goff, there's no feeling like getting a spanking new bike. I'm going to buy some shares in cleaning products - what do you use ( :lol: ).

Autosol or Belgom for the shiny bits and good ol Mr Sheen for the rest!

It's a safety thing..... so the cars don't run over them and skid :movingeyes:

I picked up my XJR on Friday, jeasus it's got some UuummmmpppphhhhHHHH,, put 20 or 30 miles on it and then spent 3 hours cleaning the thing yesterday! It's going in the garage until the salt has gone, I'll have to stick to the XTZ or the TTR for now

The bike had zero miles when i picked him up - now has 32 on it :lol: Also had this fabby minus milage indicator for when you hit reserve AND a fuel light which is REALLY useful cos i never know when im almost out lol

Im going to insure my bike soon, and will have to dress accordingly.

You mean you ain't insured now?

I assume you're not riding?

Why do they put them in the middle of a bend? (near thing today),

'They' don't.

The water companies (one of which I am a consultant for) locate their MHs nicely to the very side of the road, or usually on the pavement.

Over time (most MHs were laid pre-Victorian times) the ground shifts and/or Local Councils decide to re-lay roads.

When they feck about like this, they usually don't plan it properly and you end up with MHs right in the middle of the road.

Goff evolved from Goth lol.

"YAHHHHHH, GOFFICK!!!!!! OI, MORTISHA!!!! OI, ADDAMS FAMILY!!!!!!!"

And other such Chavvy wanker jeers :D

Used to wear a cassock until Keanu Woodentop started copying me in the Matrix, the bastard.

That garment even landed me a job as an extra in a movie once.

"YAHHHHHH, GOFFICK!!!!!! OI, MORTISHA!!!! OI, ADDAMS FAMILY!!!!!!!"

And other such Chavvy wanker jeers :D

Used to wear a cassock until Keanu Woodentop started copying me in the Matrix, the bastard.

That garment even landed me a job as an extra in a movie once.

Yep had them all - but i couldnt give a feck cos i know they just wanna be like me :lol:

New bike looks great Goff - hope you have many happy miles together.

But i'm sure you had a tear in your eye when saying farewell to Elvira.

If you ever wanna part company with your VFR, please gimme a shout as I'd be really interested. Thanks!

New bike looks great Goff - hope you have many happy miles together.

But i'm sure you had a tear in your eye when saying farewell to Elvira.

If you ever wanna part company with your VFR, please gimme a shout as I'd be really interested. Thanks!

You got first refusal ;)

I'm a little curious, having never owned a bike with a belt drive.

Does it require any maintenance? and what about tension? does it need to be more taught thjan a chain? is the suspension firmer then?

????

I'm a little curious, having never owned a bike with a belt drive.

Does it require any maintenance? and what about tension? does it need to be more taught thjan a chain? is the suspension firmer then?

????

I have absolutely NO idea - but im trying to find out - prolly best that i do asap eh :lol:

Be careful of stones.

Mate of mine got one in his Wildstar belt drive yesterday. It broke the belt and left him high and dry on the M/way.

Be careful of stones.

How?

Sorry, I'm in a funny mood today......

This has always worried me with belt drives though, pretty much with a chain you get the warning signs that it's about to fail, but do you get similar with belt ? or do you just set off one day streeeeeeaaaaatching the belt, until it reached it's limit then catapults you off into the distance in a kinda Wylie Coyote style........

Seriously, these things have to take alot of power going through them, obviously they're up to the job, it's just me that doesn't understand them.

How?

Sorry, I'm in a funny mood today......

This has always worried me with belt drives though, pretty much with a chain you get the warning signs that it's about to fail, but do you get similar with belt ? or do you just set off one day streeeeeeaaaaatching the belt, until it reached it's limit then catapults you off into the distance in a kinda Wylie Coyote style........

Seriously, these things have to take alot of power going through them, obviously they're up to the job, it's just me that doesn't understand them.

Once i find out honey, ill letcha know ;)

As far as I'm aware, when belts go - the just go... No warning, just suddenly no drive.

Should have a service interval (i.e. replace after x-amount of miles)

and self tensioning

However, I haven't owned one before either - so may be a bit wrong.

Advantages:

- No maintenance other than a very rare change of belt

- Much lighter than shaft drive

I go away for a while and you go and upset the natual order of the universe! Goff without Elvira? UNTHINKABLE!!! :thud:

She really is a sweet looking ride. That 950 engine is a nice step up from the 650 - you're going to love it!

Im gonna get a spare and carry ot with me then just in case

I'd ask your dealer, but I wouldn't have though that you'd need one before your MOT is due (how many mile do you do??)

I'd ask your dealer, but I wouldn't have though that you'd need one before your MOT is due (how many mile do you do??)

Thats 3 years then lol

I do roughly 5k ish + per year