quick question

mozzy
This post is 7234 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i dont know what your problems are with cars.

you get one or two arseholes and everyone gets abused

now ive seen alot more dangerous drivers on bikes ie yesterday3 drz400s came fucking up my road on their back wheels that is 100% fucking dangerous and what if a kid walked out in the road which usually does happen here,cars have more right to be on the road cause they pay more road tax.

there are just as many wankers on bikes as there is on bikes

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This was in the other thread Moz, and I've replied there.

But I would add that you're right about the assholes on bikes these days.....it used to be a "Brotherhood", now it's a Fashion Parade. :cry:

I said a few weeks ago that Bikers are now more at risk from other bikes than from cars.

You should see the roads round here on a sunny Sunday....it's like Mad Max with Rossi wannabees on the wrong side of the road everywhere.

the mopeds are giving bikers a bad name and like you say pete bristol is just as bad wales its full of assholes who never use speed limits they cut cars upand thats why some car drivers treat bikers like crap and, then theres bikes who refuse to turn there full beam off at night when other vehicles approach you know what i mean the twats who got a chip on there shoulders

But a lot of Bikers who are using Wales as a racetrack on weekends have crossed the border to do it Moz.

In 2001 there were 15 fatalities on bikes in the Dyfed Powys area. 13 of those were from outside Wales....and ALL of them were on sportsbikes.

These guys are used to built up urban areas, and when they come here they go crazy on narrow, bumpy agricultural roads that they don't know.

We're used to mountains of slushy cowshit across rooads, and we expect to see Farmers reversing tractors out of fields on blind bends.....but they don't.

very true pete. they come down here into the country from bigger towns etc.. and they just dont know how to ride fast on these roads, farmers in tractors, cow shit, gravel, old half blind sunday drivers, pot holes,wildlife. the list goes on. so mozzy you are right, you have to look out for bikes every bit as much as cars. your comment on that it used to be a brotherhood and now it's a fashion parade is very apt pete!

Yea you are kinda right Mozzy........I know Iv'e been going kinda nut's again on the yzf, but I think after reading this I will calm down.

I know I took some pretty stupid chances last time I was out, and I do know just how hard cars and roads are when you fall off and get hit by them.

I will go easy from now on, I'm not saying I'll ride like an angel but I will go easy.

• Admin

cars have more right to be on the road cause they pay more road tax/quote]

I can agree with the rest of what you said mate, but not so much this :shock: As dont forget motorbikes do hardly any harm to the road surface unlike cars, dont need so much foundation to the road surface either, dont take up as much space as a car, dont use as much fuel as a car, blah blah blah :wink:

I made a reply on this topic in the other thread but I'll reproduce it hear as it seems more relevant.

In support of Alex.

Mozzy said that cars have more right to the road 'cos they pay more tax. Most respectfully.. rubbish. Damage is caused to the road by a standing wave traveling ahead of a weight bearing axle. the damage caused to the road is a function of the fourth power of the axle weight. ((wt)(wt)(wt)(wt)). Thet means that an average lorry causes around 4 million times as much damage to a road than an average car. A smaller but similarly massive ratio exists between cars and bikes. If we pretend for a moment that road tax is not just another cynical goverment revenue raising measure (stop sniggering at the back), but is meant for the repair and improvement of roads then it should be obvious that despite actual lower tax, relatively bikers are massively subsidising car drivers and we're all paying through the nose for haulage fuckers to rip up our roads and distribute diesel death traps for our amusement.

So the tin cans are driving on the roads we pay more for. If they compain that we act as if we own the road...thats 'cos we do

i retract this statement is was more of a windup than a real meaningful comment

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online