petrol advice

shed hermit
This post is 5530 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi folks

firstly an apology for asking a question about a kawasaki, so here goes.

my brother-in-law bought a gpz500 at the weekend and the guy says he uses a lead additive with the petrol?!? the bike is a '93 and was imported from france. i was just wondering why the previous owner was using the additive (it was him that brought the bike when he moved to ireland). my thoughts would be that a '93 bike should run on unleaded, i have heard of older cars running on unleaded but changing the timing angle to compensate for power loss and burnt valves, any ideas???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

Kawasaki designed all there bikes built after 1976 to run on unleaded fuel due to alot of there machinery going to the US.

I had a 79 KZ 1000 and that ran perfectly fine on unleaded fuel without any modifications,same as my old Suzuki GS

hope this clears things up for you

Regards Bill

Hi there,

Kawasaki designed all there bikes built after 1976 to run on unleaded fuel due to alot of there machinery going to the US.

I had a 79 KZ 1000 and that ran perfectly fine on unleaded fuel without any modifications,same as my old Suzuki GS

hope this clears things up for you

Regards Bill

cheers bill

thats what i thought. i have never came across a bike needing additive before, it was that the bike came out of france i thought it may have been differant in some way like the californian cars have had 'cats' fitted to them for years due to the strict emission crontrols.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online