Thumper Query!

Pete
This post is 7235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My XT has just passed 2100 miles (done 500 in 2 weeks) and the more it's being used the better it seems to perform.

The previous owner had only done 1600 miles in a year, which was all round town plodding, so I don't think it's ever been cut loose till I had it.

Gave it a fair old revving yesterday, and really made it work hard. And when I took it out this morning I noticed that it was more responsive than it's ever been.

So, do Thumpers like the XT600 take a lot longer to fully loosen up a new engine than an IL4?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i asked my dad about this pete, he doesnt think they should take any longer than a inl4 to run in, though maybe the single was built to higher tolerances? :? he reckons it's prob just the town riding that has made it feel slightly tight and you taking it good runs and reving it right will make it loosen up a bit. you know how choked up bikes can get if all they do is town riding, my xj was the same.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online