SR 125 Won't Start

Joffie
This post is 5553 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, my bike is an SR 125 1999 model. :rolleyes: I notice that the cut-out safety switch attached to the sidestand is somewhat dodgey - Usually, no problem. Once, I forgot about the feature and posted a question here, only to be reminded of it.

Yesterday though, it cut out as you might expect, if you're trying to get into gear with the stand down - then after that Nothing, Nada, Zilch. After some random tweaking the wires down there, I finally got a glimmer of the Neutral light - which cut out again when I tried to put the bike into gear again...

Today I can seem to find no action at all

Does anyone know how those switches actually work please?

SO ... Is there a way to 'reset' this 'feature' or do I have a problem? Would the fuse be blown possibly, or summat else?

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

In the short term (no pun intended) you can unplug the wires from the switch, then get a couple of the necessary crimp connectors and crimp these on each end of a wire then plug this in instead of your stand switch, then try to get a new switch ordered and fitted because they didnt fit these devices for nothing and they shouldnt be left bypassed indefinitely.

because they didnt fit these devices for nothing

Good point auld een.." Lost a mate years ago . .He drove of with stand down " as he try"d to lean left stand scraped.

he looked down. Tried to flip it up and vered head on into oncoming car.

Now on a lighter point . have u noticed :o Wh en ading smiley"s , They cover the word ???? . just gripe- :unsure: ing

OK-dokey thank you very much.

Just got back from work having fixed said bike in't company bike cage with leatherman and 'lego' junction block.

Scraped the contact on battery plus checked fuse, then yanked the wires out and cut / joined insied loomy bit.

Then came home to check the Forum and just as I was starting to feel quite pleased with m'sen then I read the bit about yon lad who lost his mate. Sorry to hear about that, buddy.

:offtopic:

Actually before heading to work I fairly searched the Forum and someone was bleating on about removing those switches as standard plus tales from Thailand, but that's another story I guess..

The main thing is, reading all these tales of experience gives me the motivation to dig down, get dirty and sort it out. THANKS ALL

. :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online