Cheap mods?...

mits007
This post is 5534 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not really. Everything costs, more so as Cruisers tend to have chromed billet accent parts.

You're talking £50 here, £30 there, all for small end caps, footpeg plates, component covers and so on.

A 'fender accessory', ie a small rail that goes around the front mudguard can be as much as 150.

Braided brake lines are a good start.

Performance stuff is mostly tuning (Colortune Kit for about £30), choice of plugs, K&N filter and so on.

Any1 got any cheap Mods that I can carry out on my baby?...

regards,

-Mits-

Hi, I was looking for ways of getting round the expensive side of custom upgrades. I'll include some pics when she's finished. Bought a really nice celtic knot belt buckle on ebay for around a fiver and mounted it on the air filter box. That was the start of the celtic theme for my xvs 125. Next came a pair of celtic knot key rings, dosen't sound too exiting eh? drill them out and attatch to your bar ends and the theme continues. Next bought some decal sheets which you can use in an ordinary ink jet printer. Make your own custon decals! you can use any picture you like. There's loads of bits and bobs around that arnt dear or even made to be fitted to a bike. Have some imagination. Get some cool mirrors from one of the Chinese manufacturers for between 10 and twenty quid. But most of all don't forget to watch what Orange County Choppers are up to on DMAX. The world dosn't have to evolve around Highway Hawk , go made and spend 20 quid on an engraving kit and DIY a master piece on your heads or casing. BE DIFFERENT OR YOUR BIKE WILL LOOK LIKE EVERYBODY ELSES !! Once she's finished let us all have a look at what you did.

Best of

OGRi

Hi, I was looking for ways of getting round the expensive side of custom upgrades. I'll include some pics when she's finished. Bought a really nice celtic knot belt buckle on ebay for around a fiver and mounted it on the air filter box. That was the start of the celtic theme for my xvs 125. Next came a pair of celtic knot key rings, dosen't sound too exiting eh? drill them out and attatch to your bar ends and the theme continues. Next bought some decal sheets which you can use in an ordinary ink jet printer. Make your own custon decals! you can use any picture you like. There's loads of bits and bobs around that arnt dear or even made to be fitted to a bike. Have some imagination. Get some cool mirrors from one of the Chinese manufacturers for between 10 and twenty quid. But most of all don't forget to watch what Orange County Choppers are up to on DMAX. The world dosn't have to evolve around Highway Hawk , go made and spend 20 quid on an engraving kit and DIY a master piece on your heads or casing. BE DIFFERENT OR YOUR BIKE WILL LOOK LIKE EVERYBODY ELSES !! Once she's finished let us all have a look at what you did.

Best of

OGRi

PS you could always swop it for a celtic baby draggy :lol:

Been looking at having a go at my own decals too. Found the paper on this site and you can use inkjet or laser jet. Was just curious how well it turned out if anyone has actually done some? Also did you waterproof or not bother (says laserjet is already waterproof but I am not sure that would be permanently).

If anyone has any pics of DIY decals would appreciate a view

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online