RS-100

Adastra84
This post is 5563 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I'm new here, so i'l introduce myself first.

I bought myself an old 1978 RS-100 a few years back as a little run around while i was at uni. when i got it it was real cheap, in a bit of a state, and took me a load of effort to get it through an Mot.

Now it's come that i'm settled in a job, and the bikes sat in the garage in need of a lot of TLC.

I'm here to ask if anyone knows the sort of value one of these may have? both in it's current state and if it were mint.

it's rock solid chassis wise, engine ran sweet when i used it daily, and only 16k on the clock. brakes were an issue with the last Mot, and at present the tanks bubbling a bit due to me leaving her outside with a cover on all winter.

Cant find any examples on flea-bay or other auto-trader esque places, so hope you can help.

Need to know if it's worth my time and money to rebuild her and put her back to her former glory.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Post a pic maybe £300+ depends on condition i have one sat in garden rusty as anything

[hi i have a rs 100 and i payed £325 off ebay last month with MOT there becoming very collectible so if you don't need the money keep it and enjoy it.some parts are very hard to come by ie, exhaust mudguards so if there in good condition you may get a good price

Thanks for some fast responses,

Heres some pictures,

DSCF3008.jpg

DSCF3006.jpg

DSCF3007.jpg

mirrors aren't missing, just was way too cold today to spend an hour in the garage locating them and fitting them.

probably will keep hold of it, as if it's only worth £300, it owes me double that already just in parts to get it through it's first MoT.

pleased to see your keeping your bike, i`v just been on ebay and a chap on the island of white is breaking one

its complete but a bit tatty.i keep my eye out for bits and bobs and have a 125rs for parts as well as a rs 125 and

a rs 100 on the road. a lot of parts do cross from one to another and i know how things can get a bit expensive.

i also have the parts book for them if you ever need any numbers.

have fun

glen

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online